Tesla 2024 Model Y LR | Signed | $521/mo | $0 down

First time poster. 3rd vehicle since joining nearly 3 years ago. Picked up two wranglers when they first came out in 2021. Needed something more functional for all the toting kids around. This fit the bill.

Thanks to everyone and their help.

Throwing my referral code here for Tesla. Happy to provide some compensation if you decide to use it. DM me for how we can transact.

Will post the details of the lease but these are pretty straightforward. $5300 off MSRP. 3 year/12k miles (which I know I will likely exceed). $0 down; paid some fees and first month at delivery.

Referral code: http://ts.la/chace99492

3 Likes

Here is the info…

MSRP: $51,990
Price Adjustment: $5,200
Destination Fee: 1,390
Order Fee: $250
Total: $48,430

Monthly Payment: $521
Term: 36 months
Mileage: 12k
Total Payment: 18,756

Taxes to be in addition to this total amount.

Fortunate enough to have read the post of another who reminded me to make sure I had my referral code in there before I went through the process and secured it with my $250.

Again, thanks to everyone that is out here - while this is no unicorn, it sure is fun to drive and the wife loves it - that is a unicorn scenario in and of itself! Highly recommend if you have been sitting on the fence to check these out. New Model 3 was tempting too, but with no price reduction, the Y was the easy call.

Tried out the FSD - referral code provided 3 months of this for free. I would never suggest that you add that feature to your car for the 3 year lease, but using a referral code allows you to play with it for 3 months for free….it is amazing tech. Used it this week for some work travel and a conference this weekend.

If you are thinking of grabbing one of these Model Y’s while they are being discounted, USE A REFERRAL CODE - FSD and some premium connectivity can be fun.

God damn these Tesla leases are bad, especially with that discount.

cause without the discount they would be better? not for everyone, i get it…

Glad you like your Model Y. I am considering one for my wife, but she is a bit nervous about electric only. How bad is the sun about heating the vehicle or did you get a sunshade?

Re: pricing
I think the thought is that with the ~10% additional discount, the lease would be much cheaper. E.g. if you had an Audi Q5 55e at 8% off and it was to lease at $750/mth, but then you cut the price another $5k, it would now lease for $550. But with Tesla, it may have been a $599/mth lease before the price cut and is now a $520/mth lease.

Here is the cheapest vehicle available in my region:

I get it. I am sure there are other vehicles that you can get with better deals on the EV side, but I have had a vehicle my wife hated the look of and that was a complete nightmare…all to save $100/month? Not worth it in my book. Me, I can drive anything…the price is what matters.

My wife had some of the same reservations, but now that she has been driving it she absolutely loves it. Plenty of space for the kids, the kids sports stuff etc.

Sun has not been a problem yet. We have a sun shade, we use the cool down feature when we were checking out of a store over the weekend and had no issues at all. I wanted white interior, she wanted the black - now she wishes she had the white for this reason, but overall it has been fantastic.

I was not dying to get a charger, but she had range anxiety, so we got something that she could use here at the house…glad we did, I eventually see us having another one when this lease is done. So much cheaper to drive around than the big gas guzzling SUV.

2 Likes

I don’t think that I would want to have this as my only vehicle…but if you have two and one can be used for long road trips without much sacrificing, then an EV right now makes sense. I wouldn’t buy an EV - too much coming down the pipe over the coming years to want to own something that will be obsolete in the next 18 months. Just my opinion so take it for what it is worth.

1 Like

That looks like a good deal at least compared to what I can find in my area. Cheapest for me is 515 with like 2k down with a 45k msrp.

Sorry, didn’t mean to come off personal or anything. Just that Tesla’s lease program is bad compared to other brands, especially on a features/spec/trim comparison.

If you snagged a low sale price model, that’s pretty good as is.

If you’re looking into buying a used EV in the future, check out the EQS SUV, the 23 models have already dropped to 70k used and have 10 year/155k mile warranty. I will be returning my lease and looking to buy used for sure once it’s up (in 2 years), it’s way too good for the price.

how did you get the price adjustment?

It varies based on how many are available at your location. Unlike normal dealers, when they offer big discounts it pays to act quickly. Look at locations outside your immediate shop.

I don’t think I would buy an EV. Tech moving too fast making the 2 year old models somewhat obsolete.

So how much did you pay at signing? Your title says $0 down, but your post says you paid some fees at signing

1 Like

Fair. They won’t let you roll fees into the lease and FL also has some unfavorable tax which resulted in some upfront payment. But the actual money down on the lease itself, $0. Hope that helps.

You’re not answering the question.

What amount of money came out of your bank account to tesla to allow you to take possession of the vehicle?

1 Like

$1,640 which included the $250 reservation fee, taxes, govt fees and destination fees.

$0 down meaning nothing applied to help lower the payment. Tesla doesn’t let you roll those other fees, taxes, etc into the payment…as I said in the prior post. In terms of $ that I put down to help lower my payment or reduce the amount I would pay over 36 months, I put down $0. Seen plenty of posts here that have done similarly, but perhaps that is wrong.

Regardless, love the car, relative to what these typically go for, I feel good about it. Thanks for asking Bumboola.

1 Like

I structured a lease for a model Y performance and you did have to put about $3k down in fee. So essentially you did pay a down payment. These do lease really bad even with the price adjustment.

For the heat, I have ceramic tint on my roof. I am bald, so it’s worth it here in AZ :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you, its always helpful in shared deals when readers can see all of the details, even if there is some variation w/r/t tax, fees, etc. :slight_smile: Enjoy the car in good health!