Tentative Offer from local Lexus dealer

Girlfriend is approx. 6 months away from finishing current lease with Lexus (2021 NX300 - AWD base model). She receives an email saying they’ll “waive the final 6 payments” if she gets a new lease. Her current payment is $399 per month. Admittedly, she put down $3,500 in 2021. After going through these forums over the years, I’ve learned that’s not really ideal to do. 10K miles per year.

She calls Lexus just to kick the tires around about leasing a 2024 NX350 - AWD. They come back with the following — please see attached photos. Same mileage, and they want a similar downpayment. Just curious if anyone could give any thoughts as to whether this is good, bad, fair??? I know prices have obviously gone off the rails in these last 3 years, so just wanting to get any input here. Thx.

Well, the moment I saw Nitro Fill, I knew something is fishy

BTW Nitro is against the law now…so that’s gotta be awkward.

1 Like

If you decide to sign this month you should get more offers for your current NX from Carmax, etc

They aren’t being nice and eating those last payments, they are taking it as a trade in and its hard to know if 26k is a good value unless you do your homework

5 Likes

Ignore these communiques from PT Barnum

Circle back one month before lease end.

1 Like

The dealer is already telling you the car is worth more than the payoff, so forget about about the “ waiving remaining 6 payments” spiel. I don’t see the advantage of upping her payment by over $200 a month for the same vehicle for 6 months. Let the lease run out until closer to the end, then get multiple offers for selling or trading the car. Does RI offer a tax credit against trade in value? If not, then sell to highest bidder and buy/lease what she wants. There are many other choices besides Lexus. Dealers are asking $30K+ for 2021 NX300, so her car should be worth a little more than $26K.

First I heard of this, can you elaborate?

Not disagreeing with your math, it’s not the same car though. Current NX should have a healthy discount also

1 Like

What? Where?

Here is a simple rule, take that offer to a large dealer in your area, any of these “portfolio” offers will be likely beat by most.

Here but it looks delayed until July…but note the title

Nitro Fill is not allowed unless they can prove that it isn’t the same thing as ‘Air’

1 Like

They came back with $1500 down, still $558 a month. They’re willing to eat $2000 extra on the trade. It seems to be a mid-trim model. My GF had the base model at 400 a month, effective payment of around 500 with that initial $3500 down in 2021. Don’t think I’d be able to get them to budge much more on trade or anything.

it’s a stealership, why bother ‘working with them?’ find another dealer

1 Like

Check out marketplace. And price your old vehicle with online buyers

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.