Taking over 2023 Q5 P+ 45 S line lease from a family member

I have a family member who has a 2023 Premium Plus 45 S Line with 7k miles. It was originally a 30,000/36 lease. I’d be able to take over the remaining 27 months with a monthly all-in payment of $698/month for the remaining 27 months ($18,846 total). No cash towards the family member, nor any cash incentive from them. I am partial to this over getting a full 36 month lease of my own due to the time commitment being shorter. The Q5 would fit well for my lifestyle, and I’ve driven the vehicle on numerous occasions & love it.

This would include no service packages/other extras, but they will have an inspection done on the brakes, tires, etc. to ensure they aren’t excessively worn before the transfer.

Does this seem like a reasonable deal?

Audi allows lease transfers, but the original lessor remains liable for all lease obligations (it’s more like adding a name to the lease than a lease transfer, if you want to think about it that way).

Absent some really unusual circumstances, this isn’t something I’d consider as either the original lessor or a transferee.

[assumption here is that VW Credit / Audi Financial is the lessor]

1 Like

Don’t think anyone here would take a Q5 for ~$700

3 Likes

Yeah, absolutely true, just curious how much I should factor in the decreased time commitment into that decision.

How are you benefiting?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.