Switching Tacoma Lease for Tundra Lease

Leased a 2020 Tacoma TRD Sport in November 2019. Lease is up May of 2023. I have $2,600 left on the Ally lease and only 19k miles when I paid for 39. I really want to get out with some kind of equity if possible. Was thinking Ally wouldn’t let me out but just found a Toyota dealership willing to deal with it.

Looking at turning in the Tacoma for a 2022 Tundra Off Road. Is this a good deal?

Dealership is willing to give me:

MSRP: 50k
Trade Allowance: 35,500
Trade Payoff: 33,317
Net Trade: 2,183
Gov Fee: 635
Doc Fee: 180

Final Mo Payment: $560

without estimates from other sellers like Carvana, Carmax, Vroom, you cannot know

Its kind of irrelevant due to the Ally lease.

Most groups and sites can’t buy it.

1 Like

True, but still without any numbers, how do you know it’s good or bad? Just assume that price is right?

What is your buyout of the Ally lease vs a dealership buyout. It may make more sense for you to buy it (pay sales tax) and resell once you have the title.

Sometimes convenience is king

If Carvana / Vroom are $2000 higher but they can’t write a check…where’s the leverage?

1 Like

2k means tax and you ignore
5k means you buyout and sell it.

What’s your monthly payment now?

You need to know what value could be achieved if you owned the car.

This looks like an msrp deal on the new one. If you’re happy with the payments and the trade offer sign it.

I would pay $50-mo more and get softex leather, offrd/sport premium package and the advanced tech with 14” screen…

If interested in that deal and your local dealer doesn’t have it shoot me a text

Jim
215-359-6836

2 Likes