Swapalease or selling a lease

I’m considering selling my lease for a profit. Does the buyer have to have A1 credit since that was part of the requirement by the dealer for me to lease through a credit union?
Will the credit union allow the swap?

How long after picking up the vehicle from the dealer can I sell the lease? Is there buffer time to allow the dealer to submit the paperwork to the credit union?

Requirements vary by manufacturer, some don’t even allow transfers. What kind of car are you talking about?

I am lost on the request. You getting a lease and sell it for profit the next day? Highly unlikely.

Plus so much info missing.

It’s a Jeep GC limited … but it’s a base meaning no sunroof or unconnect … so the dealer doesn’t have any more at that MSRP …

What other info do you need?

So you have a base Jeep gc limited that you recently leased through a credit union and you want to either swap the lease or sell the car for profit and you think you can acomplish this because the dealer has no more base models?

What are the lease terms? Monthly payment, miles, term, msrp of the car, how much did you put down.

$357 monthly with only first month due at signing. This is on a 36mo/12k lease with an MSRP of $41,940

If the buyer pays cash, credit doesn’t matter. If the buyer is financing the car, the requirements for the financial aspect would be up to the individual bank. Do they have to have a1 credit…that wouldn’t be a requirement unless the buyer’s bank requires it. Your bank could care less what their credit score is, unless they are using them as the financial arm.

As far as selling a base Jeep GC limited with no options this soon after purchase for a profit, you’re more likely to get hit by lightning.

1 Like

I’m still not sure why you think you can make money on it (assuming the credit union even allows it) but your best shot is either craigslist or pony up for swap a lease no one here is going to pay. Check out comps on there and see if you can actually pull some $ out of anyone. To make money you really need one of those $60 a month Cruze or $100 encore deals.

1 Like

Appreciate the insight … thank you

How much money can someone make on those $60 cruze leases? I have 2 $60 Chevrolet Trax and I may be interested in “selling” one off. Lease is done March of 2019.

I’m not an expert but given that you have 9 months left and with transfer and disposition fees I’m guessing not much. Assuming it’s $100 a month better than you can get now that’s at most $900 subtract the other fees mentioned and maybe a couple hundred bucks, looking at it rationally.