Suggestions for "Compact" EV/EUV

Most 24m leases don’t get any incentives. So is price an issue?

If you don’t have kids the Bolt is fine, if you have kids get ready for all the complaints about the back seat.

1 Like

@Forbs - price isn’t an issue, I just really want to move back to a MINI soon, but the Countryman PHEV seems too hard to get right now. I can do a 36 month lease (I wasn’t thinking of a buyout originally, like Carvana, etc.).

What size kids, btw? I have a 7YO still in a car seat for now.

I think if I go higher end (Volvo, Mini) I would lease full-term. I’m just hesitant with so many new things coming out.

My alternative is to lease the spot out to someone with a compact car and keep parking on the street.

I’m amazed that the prior owner parked an Outback there every day.

If I’m open to a longer lease, do you think it’s worth it to wait for the 2022? I can keep parking on the street for now.

Well the issue with the Bolt and the Kona is that the rear seats have little or no leg room.
A 7-9yr old will fit nicely, but a full adult will find it very tight.
The Bolt has an additional issue that the back doors are extremely short, and I hit my head constantly getting in / out.
The Bolt also has a more ‘plastic’ feel, at least the Kona interior is better.
The Niro is better than both.

I have not tried the EUV (as it isn’t out) but I assume it has more rear legroom than the Bolt.

The Volvo? dunno, never tried but I will assume it’s better than the Niro as it’s more of a luxury. (And harder to park)

2 Likes

Niro EV EX has a 24 month lease deal right now. $209 before taxes, etc assuming you pay MSRP

1 Like

well the etc is where the gotcha is .

Looks like the new Kia EV SUV is getting released tomorrow, wonder how long before dealers are going to start selling it above MSRP.

1 Like

I cant get one quoted at less than $360!! Thats from Va, NC, Ga and SC

Why are Volvos even on your list being 9" wider? The width is the problem, if anything, not as much as the length. Bolt or Kona should work, I think.

Volvo is one of the few brands that i could find mirror width quickly. Without the mirror width, they’re within .5" of the others

They have folding mirrors, BTW.

1 Like

The Bolt has plenty of rear leg room, unless you’re 6’5". Compared to my Tacoma, it has limousine leg room. I fit 3 teenage boys in the back of mine for carpooling no problem

@patchmonkey if term is an issue just transfer out, the Bolt would allow a transfer.

1 Like

No deal is happening.

:chocolate_bar:

2 Likes

For the EX trim? Wowie

1 Like

Not worried about price, I just hadn’t expected to have a surprise smaller spot. :man_shrugging:

Ideally, I could just find a car that can crabwalk, but I’m not sure that is readily available.

$41500 MSRP. After they send me some quotes, the ones that actually did, they show a discount of about $3500. So you plug that in the calculator and its @$270 in my zip. But somehow it goes up $100 when they convert to a lease quote… :man_shrugging:

1 Like

The Hummer EV can, but I think it’s a bit too LONG and WIDE to fit. haha

1 Like

Thank you for your help, everyone! I’m now letting my wife tell me what I can get. :upside_down_face:

But seriously, @adamwest2121 - I’m seeing the same thing on the Kia. Not sure what’s happening. @fiat, I saw that on the website. That’s the 2020 Electric?

@AutoCompanion - I’m not concerned about deals, I’m more concerned about turning radius and ability to pull in/out of the spot. If I knew i could park an Urus there, I could probably get one of those (FYI - it won’t fit).

@Ursus - Thanks. I love the look of the Volvos but I’m hesitant. I’m wondering if a dealer would let me do a “test park.” Wife is more concerned about safety (and is part Swedish) so she’s all about Volvo (and misses her Saab).

What about the electric mini-cooper?

:chocolate_bar:

2 Likes

I need a 4-Door. I’ve been thinking about the PHEV Countryman (actually, that’s my first choice). The 2-Door Cooper EV is too small for three people, especially since my child keeps growing.