Subaru to unveil world’s least-anticipated EV

Despite Subaru’s close partnership with Toyota, they still use Chase for their captive. It’s Mazda who left Chase for TFS.

So your Scooby with Toyo EV powertrain can still be untransferrable with Chase.

1 Like

TFS isn’t actually refusing third party buyouts

2 Likes

You are correct, my apologies. I was thinking of the situation where vroom will not honor a TFS buyout…it’s been a long week! :rofl:

1 Like

This is possibly even uglier than the RAV4.

It has 50% more cladding than my worst expectation

Who tf at Subaru has this crazy Duck shoe fetish? :drooling_face::mans_shoe:

4 Likes

Despite all the fun thrown its way, this is shaping up to be a decent EV contender…especially you were in the market for an upgraded/EV version of Rav4.

It looks like an NX that ate a RAV4. :face_vomiting:

2 Likes

My premise will be upheld. I may be often in error, but I am surely never in doubt.

2 Likes

This dude claims it’s currently the most capable off-road E-SUV available. Competes with ID4 (not off-road) and the Volvo Recharge (also not really for off-road, premium interior)

The only thing uglier is the “name”

I missed that. Solterra = Sun Dirt?

Solterra is better than buzzfurcuh

1 Like

/Sorry, duckduckgo has no results for buzzfurcuh.

It sorta makes sense, sun powered off-roader.

1 Like

The Toyota BZX something something

The buzzfurcuh

The Toyoburu twins are just plain ugly. The interior driver cluster was going to be next level, with a high central cluster and a yoke…but I guess the yoke is either an option or gone the way of the dodo.

Teammate (L3) ready for market and Guardian L4 (isnt ready for market) are probably not coming out of the gate. The hardware though might be available for L3, since Mirais just added it to the TMC lineup.

I read that the Lexus version of the vehicle is going to have a yoke.

It ain’t pretty or impressive, but perhaps this could be a cheap TCO vehicle when the order books reopen for the 2024 model year. Doubt the federal tax credit will be phased out anytime soon for Subaru – it’ll be a while before they hit 200K sales with just this thing and Crosstrek PHEV.

3 Likes

The Lexus version has the yoke and at least for now a solid driver focused interior. However from what I gather, the RZ will be price above the RX so I’d say south of 50K. Plus by the time it gets here TMC looses the 7500.

Silly Lexus. Yokes are for planes.