Subaru Forester Premier

How is the rent charge calculated???

That would be a good question to know the answer to when leasing.

The $2,296 is effectively the interest you pay to rent this fine Forester Premium for 36 months: .00125 is 3%.

In contrast, you can finance at 0% for 63 months from Subaru/Chase

1 Like

Total Rent Charge = Number of periods * MF * (Adjusted Cap cost + Residual Value)

If you haven’t looked into it, check out the following:

• Subaru VIP Program (gets you a 2-4% below INVOICE–requires a donation to ASPCA or another institution that partners with Subaru)
  • If you have ever owned/leased a Subaru, try calling Subaru of America. They sometimes off Owner Loyalty coupons

When I lived in NYC, I had leased a Subaru Forester Limited (I think was a 2017), but that was a one time deal at $286/mo including all taxes and fees–just first payment out the door. I may have posted a calculator here/need to find it.

Where in NY are you? Near the City? I have a dealership I like there.

I didn’t know about he 0% APR! Thank you, I am changing course and purchasing! I got 7.7% off from MSRP and will be paying $505 for 63 months (instead of 374 to lease).

1 Like

I looked into the VIP program but you have to have been a member for 6months. Now I know for the next one.

I looked into the VIP program but you have to have been a member for 6months. Now I know for the next one.

There are two ways of getting access to VIP program: a lower donation where you have to wait 6 months for access, OR you can make a single–larger–donation and get instant access (I think the donation is around $650, or at least it used to be).

Donations may be deductible (if you itemize?). I certainly saved well over the donation amount on the cost of my lease–YMMV

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.