Subaru estimated lease payment vs Dealer online

Hi! I’m looking to lease a 23’ Forester Sport. There seems to be a bit of a discrepancy between Subaru’s and the dealership’s estimation software ran by “gudagoo.”
I’m estimating for a 36mo 15k miles lease with a 750+ fico score and a $3k down payment.
Dealer is estimated monthly payment is $512.
For the Forester in the same spec on Subaru’s site is $428.
I was just wondering which one is more accurate. Im guessing the dealer is more accurate. Im still in the budgeting portion of my shopping, seeing which spec I could afford. The dealership is not selling over MSRP.

At a high level whatever calculator the dealer is showing is likely to be more accurate as it most likely includes fees and maybe taxes that the manufacturer calculators typically leave out.

Of course your best bet is always to ignore both of these and just build your own calculator here (with the LH calculator) using the current lease terms, realistic discount, any incentives, etc.

You are correct. I looked at the breakdown of the Subaru calculator and it didn’t include taxes. But had a estimated fee of $565? Anyway, thank you for the suggestion of the LH calculator I will check it out when I have a second.

The manufacturer listed deals are always tax, title, and (at least some) fees extra.

1 Like

And to consider when leasing has a lower TCO and when financing does.

gubagoo or whatever it’s called is just a lead generator for the dealership and has no bearing on an actual deal. get the appropriate data (mf, residual, any incentives) from edmunds, or become a super supporter on this site and use ratefindr.

also read leasing 101, again, on this very site to become a better informed leaser. FYI a lease on a car like this is a bad idea and you should probably just finance it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.