Stroller friendly hatchbacks (no suv)

They’re putting 2.5 na in the upper Crosstrek trims for '21. They just need to put a small turbo on the present motor.

V60 is such a nice car.

I guess it’s the limited quantity and whatever demand those gets keeps the deals from being good.

Getting the sedan variant is still a viable option, which confuses me more.

The new V60 (2019) was originally custom order only, no dealer allocation. After ordering closed for the year, just about every dealer got 1 2019 V60CC in white. Any dealers who had stock in other colors/configs were orders that got cancelled OR in those last couple weeks dealers could order a couple. The launch was kinda botched.

Not sure what confuses you. The S60 sedan is built in SC (why is leases slightly better) and the V60 is built in Sweden. Wagon people don’t want sedans, even though it’s the same chassis, because it doesn’t have as much utility. For me it’s not a stroller, it’s dogs: when I had two they wouldn’t fit in a sedan, and they couldn’t get into an SUV because it sat higher.

I wasn’t aware that V60 was not also built in SC. Makes a lot more sense now.

They really should have done better with the launch of the car regardless.

Volvos are built in Sweden, Belgium, China, and South Carolina.

Every car company that has botched a launch (Nissan Leaf anyone?) should have done better. For a company that was (then) selling ~8,000 cars a month, they ran an experiment with ONLY JIT custom orders on a car that crosses the Atlantic - was not so successful. But wagons also don’t historically sell well in the US. Now they can be allocated to dealers like other models. Similarly they ran experiments with the XC40 being subscription only for a while, which is one reason you see so few on the road. Good they are trying new things, but it affected available to sell inventory on new models, and people like me ended up with one of their better sellers anyway due to timing.

They sold out of their first year of XC40 subscriptions at the $600 price point.

That one was well done. Now they raised the price and I can’t imagine people are still using the service as often.

The only wagon that sells well in the US is the Outback. I’m not sure how but Subaru somehow convinced buyers that it’s not really a wagon.

1 Like

VW Golf would work too.

Civic Hatchback also.

BMW 640i GranTurismo. 19s still have lease support, but who knows if they’re still filling the trunk with cash.

Jacked up suspension and lots of body cladding.

1 Like

I found a new candidate, mini countryman but there is no recent info on forum I’ll try to find out some about it!

2 Likes

That’s as much of an SUV as a Kicks, HR-V, CX-30 or a number of hatch/SUV cusp vehicles.

That’s something I have seen much of.

Hopefully it is similar to the BMW inflated residual stuff. If so, a loaner might be possible?

Although it kind of is an SUV (more or less a hatchback with a lift) XC40?