Story Time - Grab your popcorn!

Being rude to the guy as soon as the conversation starts is not cool in any circumstance, car sales or not you talk to a person like a person. No one is better than anyone else and I can see why they don’t want to deal with the him.

11 Likes

Why should customers just suck it up and move on every time? Why is the customer not allowed to go back and forth with the dealer? Why is it only convenient to go back and forth when a dealer is trying to take advantage of a customer?

Being rude and being direct are 2 different things. The dealer was caught in their lies and I called him out on it.

1 Like

I just read the text chain again, and don’t think OP was rude at all.

4 Likes

OP. Youre totally right and I agree about it being about the principle here. I just want to know how you have all this extra time to take screenshots…post…:slight_smile: . With everything involved in hacking a lease these days i would of just emailed other dealerships and moved on

1 Like

They should buy the car or cut the check or cut the check on behalf of true car, If the car matches the description

But why are you going through all this conversation that will lead no where. Doesn’t true car offer 3 potential dealers that will buy your car?

If you’re looking for them to discount a wagoner to what you feel it’s worth, they’re not going to do that based on the tone of your convo.

1 Like

Maybe work on your reading comprehension before car shopping next time. No where in there does it say the dealer is forced to buy the car for that figure. It literally says to bring it for a final inspection to make sure that figure is accurate. And again, I did not say that the dealer is buying it but TrueCar is and the dealer is acting as the inspector.

1 Like

I think its good to do, and demonstrates what may be occurring more broadly to other consumers. If no one reports on it, no one will know.

2 Likes

I don’t know, can you define “locked in”?

3 Likes

How’s this for “Reading comprehension”…

“a Participating Dealer is not obligated to purchase your vehicle for any price other than the amount of your True Cash Offer”

Clear enough? Let me guess…no right?

9 Likes

It actually only listed 1 dealer but when I called they offered to send me to another dealer. The issue is that it was the only one close to me that was a Jeep dealership and since I purchase it saves quite a bit of money on taxes to sell and buy from the same place.

I understood pretty quickly that a deal with this dealership wasn’t going to happen but why not go on and expose how they operate?

2 Likes

Again, not obligated to buy the vehicle.

3 Likes

I’m not in a rush to sell and buy a new vehicle. I’m ok not selling my Yukon now. A Wagoneer would just be a vehicle I hold onto for a few months until I can put in an order for a Yukon XL (2023). I’m willing to pull the trigger with really good terms and i’m just hanging out at the pool so why not?

They never made you an offer so what exactly are you exposing?

1 Like

You do realize how dumb what you said sounds though is right, from the customer’s perspective? The agreement plainly reads that the TrueCar certified dealer is obligated to buy the vehicle as long as the seller was honest in typing in the information.

Maybe there is some obscure loophole in the fine print, but that doesn’t matter. This is why Americans hate dealing with car dealers.

3 Likes

Now read the rest of the sentence…come on…you can do it…

it says…

“not obligated to purchase your vehicle for any price other than the amount of your True Cash Offer”

Who’s really the one with reading comprehension issues?

11 Likes

Lesson I’ve learned from past experiences:
Don’t ever mention you have a trade in.
Go to the dealership and ask for the used car manager directly to give you an appraisal.

After you’ve sold your car then head over to new car sales.

If you tell those new car sales that you have a trade in they’ll low ball you for sure.

3 Likes

They did! By being part of the Truecar program!

1 Like

How they operate. If they list a “cash offer” option on their website and then give you an actual offer with TrueCar…then that is AN OFFER.

So what’s being exposed is how dishonest a dealership is, and now how a certain broker on this forum defends such dishonest dealerships which says a lot more about such broker than me.

1 Like

If this is the case why would the dealer care about the selling price? Isn’t the dealer writing the check and paying truecar for leads or a service?

2 Likes

To the “industry experts” and brokers: a cash offer is a cash offer.

5 Likes