Still need 2 land rovers? (one in garage, the other in service)

Hi folks,

I’m still in the market to lease SUVs but kinda curious to know if we still need to purchase 2 land rovers (one in garage, the other in service). Do you still agree if the quality of the brand is not as solid as other s (European) in terms of the needs of services? Any thoughts?

Start looking into Land rover discovery so I’d like to ask how you feel about the quality of the car.

Thanks,

I had an evoque for years and it was flawless

2 Likes

It’s a crapshoot. Neighbor had an LR3 or LR4 I forget which one, she had a loaner in her driveway for more than her own car. But there are lemons in any brand. To me personally, when you take the 2 shittiest reliability companies and merge them into one, I don’t see what results were expected.

1 Like

Land Rover is currently ranked last in reliability/dependability by both JD Power and Consumer Reports.

2 Likes

You need five land rovers actually: 1 for you, 1 for the mechanic, 1 for your grandma, 1 for prince Philip (rip king), and 1 for the many people who start velar threads and wind up velarless.

8 Likes

Can confirm. I even got a Velar lease, still ended up velarless after 8 months due to lemon law. Grandma still has something pretty to look at in the driveway #blessed

4 Likes

Depends. How deep are your pockets.

:chocolate_bar:

I’ve had a 2016 LR4 for nearly 6 years. Love it. Never had any major issues other than early need of tires and brakes due to the weight of the vehicle.

3 Likes

Our 18 Disco full size is great outside of the infotainment.

And you feel like a real swingin’ :rooster: : driving one.

God willing, it won’t itself need to be on a tow truck to get HRH Prince Phillip to his last appointment.

3 Likes

I am about to turn in a 2018 range rover. It was at service for actual issues twice. First was a soft close door issue, second was infotainment restarting randomly. Both were fixed within a day.

2 Likes

So I’ve never actually met anyone with a Range Rover (Sport or Full Size) (not sure about the smaller LR’s) that haven’t had any issues. The severity of issues depends on luck I’m sure. That said, even the people I know who literally spent 1/4 of their lease term in a loaner will go back and get another. There’s something about the car you love, even though it’s an abusive relationship (where the car abuses you) and you want to keep going back for more.

2 Likes

All of their faults aside perceived or real, there are very few cars that have a presence and perceived success of a Range Rover especially the full size one. If one has enough money and the image is the most important thing, that’d certainly be on a short list of vehicles.

1 Like

LR customers are either buying a known luxury or a very specific utility. Thus, exceedingly high tolerance for mechanical “mishegas”.

2 Likes

I am not sure if I ever had a car that I never had to take to service for an issue in a 36 month or even 24 month period.

I admit I tend to enjoy cars with a lot of added options, so maybe that’s why? But I expect every car I lease to have at least one thing go wrong within the lease period.

1 Like

I let mine go and won’t be back for a while. The full-size look really nice but that’s about it.

1 Like

Agreed. Which is why I’m hesitant to own cars and generally prefer leasing them. My X2 I just gave back was the first car I leased that had no issues throughout the lease term. It was a 24 month lease and they almost dinged me for 1 new tire even tho the car only had 19k miles - one tire was a 4/32 and was borderline chargeable.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.