Stellantis vs CCAP lease rates

So I signed a lease for a new 2023 Grand Cherokee L Overland over the weekend but I’m really confused about something. I’m a super supporter so I get access to the program lookup in the Rate Findr. I put all the information in the calculator, my supplier discount, incentives and the positive equity that I got from selling my old lease. The payment came out to $840/mo. I called the dealership to see if that’s what they came up with and they did. We wanted them to come down a bit so I called and spoke to the sales manager and they ended up giving a bit more off of the car to get the payment to $825 and we were okay with that.

We went to the dealership and saw the car and loved it and sat down to sign paperwork and this is where I got a little confused. This whole time I was calculating using the CCAP rates from Rate Findr but for some reason this dealership was going through Stellantis for the lease and the rates and incentives were different. I don’t understand how the payment could have matched if it wasn’t the same, did I lose out on something? Why couldn’t I see this in Rate Findr?

Lease term was 39 months 10k miles

Here is how I calculated it:
$72780 MSRP
$68934 selling price
$2000 incentives (private offer and lease cash)
$3825 DAS ($3000 down and first month’s payment)

$38573 RV
.00092 MF

Here is how they calculated it:
$72780 MSRP
$68934 selling price
$5750 (rebates and noncash credits)
$3825 DAS ($3000 down and first month’s payment)

$41484 RV
.00243 MF

Stellantis will not lease a vehicle to you ; that is what CCAP (Chrysler Capital) is for.

1 Like

I get that but all my lease documents say Stellantis financial services. I asked the finance manager about it and he said that CCAP is one “thing” under Stellantis. I don’t see Chrysler Capital anywhere and the incentives are different.

This is new information. All my documents have Chrysler Capital on it….

That’s 1st Investors Financial.

Is CCAP Leaving Santander?

Santader said they working until 2025…maybe that means they are basically taking care of existing leases? Santander Consumer USA and Stellantis Agree on US Contract Extension

And of course when I plug their numbers into the calculator I get an even lower payment so they aren’t the same :man_facepalming:

Bonus cash increased towards the end of Jan
Run your numbers w their incentives and see what you come back with and that’s what it should be

24 month would have probably come out to be a lot less because less months to spread the incentives and equity over, how long ago did you sign

On Saturday, are you sure the bonus cash numbers changed? I didn’t see that on the website (Jeep) at all.

I can’t imagine that incentives went from $1000 to $4750.

Higher residual on Stellantis (57% vs 53% CCAP), but higher MF. Also 3750 of additional incentives. You became a payment buyer, which is OK if you’re happy with the amount. But they moved some things around, surely to their advantage, to get you to where you wanted to be.

If you complete the lease term and walk away from the vehicle, no difference. But if you want to buy it at the end, it’ll end up costing you 4% more. If for some reason you need to get out mid lease, your payoff will be different vs the original deal. Starts lower/ends higher.

2 Likes

Ya, it just sucks that I didn’t know this information walking into the deal, although it’s not like I could have just recalculated it on the fly and been like, “Hey, you’re ripping me off here” lol.

We’re fine with the payment because using CCAP rates that’s what it should have been and that’s what my wife and I were good on.

CCAP IS Santander.

Stellantis has been talking about setting up an actual captive bank for a while. Presumably that’s what Stellantis Financial is the start of.

1 Like

No two lessors are going to have the same programs.

AFAIK both Rate Findr and Edmunds will pull up one each and it’s usually what is labeled the “captive” for the brand.

Likely neither one has Stellantis Financial data yet since it’s brand new.

For the same reason their programs might be better than CCAP right now because SF needs to lure away dealers from using CCAP.

Is there anything that I could have done, at time of signing, to get what the payment was supposed to be or was I kind of locked in at that point? I know what’s done is done already and I’m fine with how it is but I just want to know for the future if something like this happens.

That’s what the calculator link is for. If you don’t have enough info for it, you don’t have enough to figure out a payment.

You say “no” when the deal isn’t what you expect it to be

2 Likes

So is anyone gonna question this part? What’s the MSRP?

I’m signing one now for $629 per month with $725 DAS. 39/10, 59k MSRP on fully loaded Limited

I know you got overland but 825 is very steep. I got quotes in the 700s for that

Can you post your contract with your info redacted ? I think this is the first time we’ve had “stellantis” as the captive and want to verify your docs.

I put the MSRP, it had every package. $72780.

1 Like

Ya, I can later today.