Stellantis "Hurricane" Twin-Turbo Inline-Six Debut

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a39530125/stellantis-twin-turbo-inline-six-specs-details/

400 horsepower and 450 pound-feet of torque standard output
500 horsepower and 475 pound-feet high output

4 Likes

The fact it is an “inline” 6 makes this news even more awesome.

Stellantis 2JZ.

I wonder what vehicles will get these after the Grand Wagoneer?

1 Like

I had a 2jz gte aka Supra 6 speed TT
Stock they cool modified you run into issues (obviously)
392 >>>>

This will probably replace the V8 in most of the vehicles. So the trucks, GC, wrangler, etc.

might as well buy up these bulletproof V-8 engines – Toyota moving away as well –

Has anyone heard any updates on what they’re putting it in? Feel like they’re really dropping the ball on opportunities to put this in the Ram 1500 and Grand Cherokee.

The new STLA frame architecture is designed to accept the hurricane, which means this will make an appearance on the next gen ram 1500, which is due soon. Probably not worth it to shoehorn it into the outgoing platform with the new one around the corner.

The STLA large architecture is also designed to accept the hurricane, which is where it’d make its way into the grand cherokee, among other things (giulia, stelvio, grecale, etc) when that’s updated.

1 Like

Good to know, thank you!

Jeep website has the 2023 Grand Wagoneer listed using the I-6 with 510hp.

Yeah I could get one at a good price from our Jeep dealer, but I don’t need a 3 row SUV. I’m just going to wait till it’s in the Grand Cherokee or some good incentives on F150 Powerboost trucks next year.

Last year it was possible to get the hemi in the 2 row GC correct? The 23 they’re only offering the v6 in the 2 row and 3 row now, there’s no way the GC can survive with that v6 in it. Who would want to pay 70k for an SUV with an outdated sluggish v6.

Is it too much to ask for an M340i/C43/S4 competitor from them? I’d love to see a small to midsize sedan with this engine, LSD, and a performance suspension.

Or the significantly more powerful 4xe

1 Like

Yeah true, just found out the removed the option of the hemi for the 3 row GC was removed on the 1st. Hopping that’s a good sign that they’re getting ready to add the Hurricane option.

Anyone heard if they’re bringing this to the Grand Cherokee yet?