Steal on a '19 330i xDrive?

Hey, I will gladly go get a Volvo anyday. Just because the f&i was an asshole at that place, there are always other f&i’s and dealers. Love Volvo…it’s terrific. The one they had was beige, and not my style of rims…hence why I said I didn’t want it. One of my favorite cars though. I have no problem waiting and finding the right combination that I actually want, plus pay down my current car a bit more until I try this again, so I won’t be 2k upside down unlike last time.

If you want to pay for all those extra charges😅 Miles, wear and tear, dings, tires…

So you won’t need tires for a buy. And the wear/tear/miles won’t make a lick of difference when you trade it in.

Why are any of us leasing with this knowledge?

Maybe take care of your cars and you won’t have an issue with extra fees? Just a thought.

1 Like

You wouldn’t believe how many people treat their cars like mobile trash cans. Drink cups piled up to the seats, and sometimes higher. Fast food wrappers and the remnants thereof crammed in all sorts of nooks and crannies. Ugh.

1 Like

At least that can be cleaned easily.

What drives me nuts are the people who ding doors by parking too close or take their brand new cars through $2 car wash scratch machines, and in a year they look like they’ve been sanded with 120 grit paper.

Are there any “automated” car washes that are safe for the paint? Or is the only truly safe option a hand wash?

Only the touchless ones honestly.

I have a touchless car wash at home. 2800psi pressure washer and foam gun :grin:

1 Like

Used car managers do sometimes look at the tires when trading/selling in a car, but as long as it looks acceptable, they don’t care that much. They will just sell it the same way. Carmax is more picky. My previous car had pretty worn tires, scratches here and there, and still got more for it then auction value, excellent condition when I was selling it. For a lease, they will find every little detail to charge you for.

That is not the worst. When cigars where smoked in these cars, that’s a real ughhh…

Um, no. That’s not how it works. But continue to get everyone riled up like only you can do.

1 Like

I am reading through your posts, and I am surprised by this nonsense you are saying here.

Prior to returning my Q5 lease, I had to replace 4 tires, pay for scratches, and some other wear and tear items. That is why I did not lease my next car. Audi charged me $995 for the acquisition fee when I got the car (a fee that is not there when you purchase), and another $495 for the disposition fee. I was over the limit by 7,000 miles, for which I was charged $1,750. Tires were around $700. The scratches were another $1,200. I had wasted almost $4500 to return a car, and not own anything.

1 Like

Leasing is not for you, obviously. Especially if you live in a city or places like Brooklyn, NY.

1 Like

Sorry to hear that you don’t take care of your vehicles and didn’t correctly plan for your mileage. How would ownership avoid any of those costs? The only difference would be that you’d own an Audi out of warranty with plummeting resale value. $4k sounds cheap compared to that.

1 Like

I do take care of my vehicles. It is those tards around, who do not watch when parking. I even park at the end of each lot, so there would be less cars around. The tires were wearing out because the stupids at the Audi dealer messed up. They said they did the alignment, which was never done (and I realized it too late to press charges). I barely went over the miles.

That is why I just bought my RLX Hybrid. The lease was in the 700 range. Paid upfront, and no more headaches. In 4 years, I will just sell it, and still get a decent amount of money for it. Warranty is long too.

1 Like

I live in PA.

I thought you had a CC? Now you have an RLX? I’m so confused. What did you pay for the RLX?

The Q5 was replaced by the RLX. I still have the CC.

I paid $51,000 OTD.

I thought you said you went over by 7000 miles?

That’s a little more than 2000 a year. You consider that alot? 7000 is nothing. My commute to work is 60 miles by itself.