Steal on a '19 330i xDrive?

Hey guys,

New to this, but I’m not new to negotiating… so I’ve been back and forth until I got two dealers to agree on these numbers… I’m in NYC.

BMW 330i xDrive 2019
MSRP: $50,435
MF: .00128
Selling price: $44,891
Adj. Cap Cost (after $1750 in rebates): $43,231
Drive off (all taxes in full, and fees only - no cap cost reduction): $3807, which was reduced after a small credit from the dealer.

Monthly payment: $441

Appreciate your input!

Break down the tax and fees perhaps? It seems a little high for all the upfronts despite the discount more or less being on point.

$3807 breaks down to:

First Monthly Payment: $441
MV: $323
Doc Fee (Lol): $499
Acq. Fee: $925
Cap Reduction Tax: $155.31
State Sales Tax: $1535.38

Total Inception Fees: $3878.69

Credit of $71.69 brings it to $3807 * edited

I almost cursed another dealer out re: doc fee (they’re out of state) but I figured I’d let it slide given the other reductions.

What incentives might you qualify for? Lease cash should $750 in your area. Conquest $1000 or Loyalty $2000. Might you qualify for grad or USAA? Or seek out an OL code.

I’ve been curious about an OL code - how on earth do you get one?

I only qualify for Conquest, which is the $1,000 in the $1750. Only other hope would be OL code or anything else that’s available.

I think there was like autocross event in Ny or something hosted by BMW experience

11% off before incentives is hardly a steal. People are getting that on the M340i and that car is hot. I am kind of shopping for 330i myself too and trying to push dealers to give me over 15% discount to pull the trigger but 14-15% should be attainable without too much hustle…

1 Like

Also if not doing MSDs then get a N.Y. dealer to match whatever quote you get and then docs fee is capped at $75

14-15% is a lot unless it’s a car that’s been sitting on the lot for a few months.

I don’t think 14-15 on this yet. Nothing is approaching a birthday for another 6-7 months. Stranger things have happened though.

Thank you for the input. Haven’t jumped on it yet.

At those figures (14-15%) - this is on new cars, not loaners? I’ve seen those numbers on loaners all over, but not on a brand new 330i. And dealers in NY/NJ are harder to drive down that far on new cars… but I’m still trying!

Three dealers confirmed this deal is $2,500 below invoice btw… no one wants to go below that.

1 Like

Even if they were to factor in the $2500 APR credit in this price, this car still has 14.4% dealer discount. They had another car that just got sold and it had the same 20% off advertised and had an MSRP of $49k and change. So even if it included the $2500 APR credit it still had 15% flat dealer discount in there. It says used (service loaner) but the car has only 5 miles on it. Same with pretty much with all the 330i ex-loaners they have…

That’s a nice dip. The car I’m looking at is optioned out a bit more (vernsca leather, rarer exterior color, only about 4 in the northeast with the combo). And NY/NJ is tougher to swing.

I’m looking at some M340is currently too, leaning more towards that overall.

If you have the budget for it M340i is the way to go. I drove the 330i and I thought it had more noticeable turbo lag than my 2014 428i had. Plus the steering is still not as sharp as I would like it to be. The variable ratio rack and the larger engine on the 340i should fix both issues. Otherwise the 330i is a nice car and good value. Balanced chassis, great interior and infotainment for the price.

I’d say aim for 12% off on on a new M340i and 15% off on a new 330i that has been on the lot for 150+ days.

On a new 330i? Whatever you’re smoking, I want some.

2 Likes

Lol.

Most of the M340is are brand spanking new around this neck of the woods as far as I’ve seen, but will be looking outside of my area. The quotes I’ve gotten so far are only about 8%.

What’s the best way of identifying how long it’s been on a lot?

Cargurus 202020

See the link I posted above. 330i is not exactly a hot seller, 14-15% off is not impossible. What do you suggest one should aim for dealer discount on a 330i?

Because it’s a swap, all the NY dealers I spoke to said they don’t want to take the hit. They said they’d do it on an order or on any cars still at the port, but hardly any available in blue ridge exterior and leather interior for them to choose from.

That’s almost $600 bucks a month with 0 down…not worth it.

1 Like