SRT is dead... Long live SRT!

SRT group dissolved into Stellantis. End of the iron-block 6.2 engine seems to be confirmed.

and

1 Like

@lazarus ooof.

Inevitable bro, also my take is that they aren’t necessarily dissolving srt but splitting up people to create different performance sub brands for ram jeep and dodge.

Srt brand only exists for dodge atm, used to be ram jeep and Chrysler got srt but they decided to make srt dodge only a few years back, the ram hellcat is a trx and the jeep trackhawk isn’t an srt trackhawk it’s just a trackhawk, the jeep gc srt still retains the nomenclature due to it being the actual model name.

First it was n/a to forced induction then it was manual to automatic and now it’s ice to electric.

Still a fat L. If I’m not I’m Abu Dhabi one year from today, I’m looking at the i4 m50i. That’s got me excited.

:chocolate_bar:

Ehhh, same thing happened to amg and M, they went from large n/a engines to smaller forced induction units.

I think 4-5 years more for the hellcat.

Well, it’s about time!

1 Like

Moving from a stand-alone SRT group with autonomy to build across a limited line of vehicles, to just another engineering team working across a massive automotive conglomerate will surely dilute the focus of the team. When combined with the efforts to move to electric, I think the output of the team will change dramatically, ultimately looking nothing like it does today.

I just don’t see the sense in saving the Chrysler brand but getting rid of SRT. You are already seeing the impact of this shift in the limited Hellcat trims offered in 2021. The super stock feels like the last hurrah… I think it will sunset much faster then 4 to 5 years.

The difference with AMG and M is these performance groups operate across a much larger lineup of vehicle platforms offered by these manufacturers. The move with AMG and M to small engines and electric is most prevalent across the smaller platforms. I think there is a real chance we will see the SRT branding go away, where-as AMG and M/// are not going anywhere.

1 Like

Dang, there’s goes my shot of getting Challenger ScatPack lease hack this summer.

Well I meant in terms of engines and transmission comparisons.

This is a good point.

Chrysler is dead… in this country at least, the 300 srt does sell in other countries tho.

It will really depend on government regulations regarding GG tax and emissions requirements.

The charger/challenger will last for at least 2-3 years with my prediction being 4-5.

Durango is a one year run this year

Trackhawk I would say lasts 1 maybe 2 years

The trx will run for 2-5 years.

This hints at stealing from the Peugeot platforms and offering them as Chrysler in the US.

https://www.motor1.com/news/487417/stellantis-plans-chrysler-peugeot-us/

and

Perhaps a Chrysler 508 Sport ?? Can’t be worse then the 300.

Not bad at all, would like to see them milk the 300 with the hellcat/redeye powertrain, even a 1 year limited run would be solid profit imo.

They should and will milk the hell out of the hellcat/392 engine.

They are reportedly/confirmed the 392 to show up in the jeep wrangler as well. Apparently fitment issues with the hellcat motor stopped that train.

That’s interesting there’s is a few shops I have seen easily fitting the Hellcat motor in the Jeep. Someone local to me had one, I went to look at it they wouldn’t budge off 75k. Called them a month later and it was gone and listed for sale in Cali for 91k.

1 Like

Oh it fits, there’s just no space around the engine for a crush zone and thus would never pass any crash tests hence the fitment issues.

It would have to be redesigned ground up to properly fit the engine.

That was what Tim kuniskis said

Case in point LS Swapped WRX, but what I love is GTR powered Nissan Patrols.

:chocolate_bar:

Rx looks clean af