Something not adding up

I’ve added links to the two lease calculations in the original post.

Have you confirmed that MF and RV are correct? And no incentives?

@joecal01 Can you edit your title to be more useful?

1 Like

No way that RV is correct for a 39 month lease. You also are calculating taxes incorrectly for NJ. Show us the dealer’s worksheet because I bet you have entered other items incorrectly as well.

MF of .00125 was confirmed in writing.

I learned yesterday from another dealer that the RV is set at 67% by Honda. Would it be consistent across all dealers?

Only 2nd time leasing so trying to do a better job this time around.

There are no incentives at all for the Passport to the best of my knowledge.

Are you sure that RV wasn’t for 36 months?

Correct. Missed that because we had been discussing a 36 month lease the entire time then learned today the offer is for a 39 month. I will need to get the new RV.

Just ask for the lease worksheet and it should show they got to their monthly.

I had asked once but they said they will not provide it without going into the dealer. I’ve seen the advice to get this all settled ahead of going in but my experience has been that no dealer wants to provide it without visiting the dealership.

1 Like

Yeah here in ny Honda dealers won’t really send you a deal sheet over email. Too much work for them as they have too many potential clients.

1 Like

First time using the calculator so I may be selecting the wrong tax radio button. I had it set to taxes levied upfront but was informed by dealer that since I’m leasing in NY and registering in NJ, I must roll the taxes into the monthly payment.

This has been my experience. I made the request to at least 5 in the area and none of them would do so. They will send you individual numbers piecemeal but that makes it hard to visualize the complete deal. I will ask for clarification of the RV tomorrow.

Get a Highlander in NJ and do MSD’s and get a better deal

I was just seeing MSDs in another post and thinking I need to understand them. First time ever seeing them mentioned.

I guess they are not offered by Honda.

One question. My MF is at .00125 (3%). Seems pretty low. Would a dealer go lower with MSDs if the existing MF is low?

Search and sort by latest post is your friend

1 Like

While mf varies by region sometimes, .0012 is significantly lower than what I got on the passport ex-l I got a few weeks ago. I’d double check that it is correct.

MSD is simply multiple security deposit you get back at end of lease but in return you buy down the money factor. I would suggest reading through the forum and familiarize yourself with leasing, leashackr has a very good leasing 101 page even breaks down how to do a lease by hand you should definitely read that. Never trust what the dealer tells you especially the sales people some honestly don’t know some of the things so always do your own research. If you think it’s too much work then there are plenty of excellent brokers on here like me that are transparent and your money will be well spent.

1 Like

It’s been provided in writing when I specifically requested it. Dealer proactively offered it and admitted their other route would be a higher MF. We’ll see if it ends up in the final work up.

Have you checked on Edmunds to verify what it should be?