Something isnt Right - Cant figure out what the Dealer is doing

I am currently in talks with a Hyundai Tennese dealer and have provided the dealer document containing the breakdown along side the one from Michigan. Let me know if you need anything else.

I am located in Michigan, and the vehicle I am considering leasing is the 2024 Ioniq 5, RWD.

12/24

Initially, the proposed deal was for a 2024 Ioniq 5, AWD, with a quoted amount of $253. However, this figure was based on taxes from Georgia, not Michigan. The dealer suggested a monthly payment of $156 for the RWD model, but this estimate also did not consider Michigan taxes… The Tennessee dealer is telling me it’s due to MI taxes, but I suspect there may be factors beyond taxes contributing to the discrepancy.

Ive received documentation from a buyer in Michigan who leased a 2024 Ioniq 5 AWD for $283 per month - their numbers are on the same sheet.

The discrepancy between the $253 and $256 monthly payments seems significant to me, and I believe there is something funny going on.

In theory, I could get a RWD cheaper in Mi, but this dealer was providing great deals and super easy to work with. Somethings off.

Youre only looking at one piece of the puzzle here. You need the rest of the contract that specifies what’s paid, what’s capitalized, etc.

1 Like

I have the other portion of the contract if that helps?

Looks like the one dealer in tennesse is adding in some antitheft thing that’s 1200 and a doc fee of 890 vs 260… so about an 1800 add on.

Learn how to lease and use the calc first.

What was the outcome of this? Can you pls pm me the dealer you went with im struggling to find a deal.