Sold one to VROOM!

Audi third party payoff is always higher than your personal payoff (I sold mine to vroom in Feb). The payoff quote that vroom receives is good for 10 days, and if they sent the payoff after that deadline, then its feasible that Audi could have increased the payoff since the previous one expired.

Like you said, the 10 day payoff expired, so that may have something to do with the difference. Good luck!

Im 3k short. Lets convince them to call it a wash and just shift the funds to audi fs.

Good luck, I worked out a fee schedule and refuse to do anything else until I’m compensated first. If not, they can send someone from vroom to handle it all.

I’m convinced these guys are officially ret@rded. Today was my 74th call to them since I accepted the offer on 4/27 and submitted ownership verification documents. Got bounced around between acquisitions and paperwork departments, they said my quote dropped $2k due to original quote expiring, even though they were the ones taking so long to process my paperwork.

Got another case opened up, and another empty promise of “you’ll receive docusign email within 24 hours”. Meanwhile I can keep extending the lease for 2 more months until I get a decent payoff from another company. Tick-tock tick-tock…

3 Likes

Thank you for this caution, Jon. I know it’s 2 years later, but this forum is gold.

Your comment made me checked the MBFS payoff quote details and it now says:
If you provided a refundable security deposit, please be advised that the amount of this payoff quote is reduced by the amount of your refundable security deposit. This payoff quote should not be relied on by third parties, and a separate third party/dealer payoff quote should be requested if you do not want the refundable security deposit calculated into your payoff amount.

So this means I don’t have the equity I thought I had. I’m no longer selling to Vroom, and will be returning the lease instead.

1 Like

Mine is half nightmare when compared to yours.

5/17 Mon - Saw that the $500 deposit on the GTI was refunded on my credit card. Called to see what’s up. Deal was cancelled, no explanation. A call or email to let me know would have been nice.

Their offer on the MX-5 is now lower by about a grand. Gonna try selling to Shift instead. Tempted to just spend the lease equity on a beater private party GTI at this point and not have any car payments, as I hardly drive now.

1 Like

To all the ALLY leasees,

What I gave VROOM as a payoff from my account-that’s what they paid Ally…not a penny more/less, my account with Ally shows Balance as $0 so have no idea if they called and the dealer payoff was the same as mine-but Ally didn’t change the payoff at all… Ally should owe me some cash back as I did make a payment before the deal was done.

I was always wondering that the leasing bank should’t care where the money comes from as long as the car is paid off…so dealer/consumer pricing shouldn’t matter

:pray: pray that’s true for me.

1 Like

I’m sorry I’m not getting it! What did you give vroom as your payoff? I’m trying to sell my Jeep but they haven’t contacted me yet for anything and it has already being like 7 days.

The payoff from my online Ally account…(someone said some states don’t have this option for Ally online)

Oh shit. Yeah I think I don’t have that option. Is yours a lease?

I dont understand the problem here. Vroom overpaid your bank. Why are you responsible for getting them the money back? Your lease is paid off. You have 2 options now

1. Let Vroom deal with getting the money back, if they so desire
  2. Let your bank refund you the surplus. If vroom asks for the money from you, give it, if not to hell with them and keep the money

My car was picked up on Thursday. BOL sent same day. When can I expect an email with the payoff?

I got BOL confirmation next business day.

It was a tracking number for the fedex of your payoff check?

Sorry, I misread your post. I got the BOL confirmation from Vroom the next day(day after pickup) and Got the email with tracking numbers 3 days later.

Yes, it’s a lease, I’m in California

They certainly do care… you see, the bank wants to sell their property for market value. That’s what they will charge everyone they can. Contractually, they’re obligated to sell it to you for significantly under market value, so begrudgingly they will. But they’re not going to sell it for way less than it’s worth to anyone they don’t have to.

1 Like

Hi everyone - newbie here…leasing an X5 currently which has about six months left. BMWFS gave me a payoff quote, but I would like to compare with Vroom.

My question is: I had put multiple security deposits (MSDs) when I leased a car. How does Vroom take that into account?