Sold one to VROOM!

Same here.

4/26 : estimate received
4/26 : ownership docs submitted.
4/27 : my bank faxed payoff quote to vroom

I’ve been calling them everyday, sometimes twice a day. I am still waiting on docusign email. All they say is payoff quote is not yet uploaded to paperwork department.

Vroom’s estimate is $2k more than carmax, I will wait another day or two and go with carmax. My replacement (another lease) is already in works, can’t wait longer.

4/24 - Got a quote on Vroom website
4/26 - Got a new quote on Vroom website for $170 more & docusign email 2 hours later
4/27 - Received paperwork via FedEx
4/29 - Shipped back signed paperwork
4/30 - They received paperwork
5/2 - Called to check the status and they said I should get a call about picking up the vehicle this week

1 Like

Blockquote
So I’m 26 months into my Lexus RX350’s 36 month with really low mileage (7,899). I hardly drive it and I planned to buy it out knowing the mileage would be low (not this low) but now the pre Apple play navigation is driving me crazy. My work vans aftermarket Kenwood is so much nicer than my Lexus radio go figure! Vroom offered like $6K more than what my buyout is to Lexus. Are these numbers realistic or do they haggle them down? Trucks in like new shape, has always been garaged and it’s washed/waxed more than it’s driven. I figure I don’t necessarily need a car as my wife has a suv and I have a 2019 transit 250 I drive for work I can just wait until a demo or something decent pops up on here eventually.
Blockquote

I was in the same spot 2018 RX F Sport, under 9K miles 9 mos left on a 42 month lease. Also no Apple carplay but high end RX with most bells and whistles. Vroom and Carvana was very close to payoff. Carmax and ALGo 4K higher. Sold to ALGo waiting for pickup. Got the new 2021 RX in the driveway :slight_smile:

Also no Fed Ex back and forth with ALGo just electronic signatures.

Thanks I’d never heard of them before. There quote is 4K less than vroom. I drove a loaner RX450 for a few days and while it feels the same when your driving normal it’s awesome when you drive aggressively. Well in a straight line anyway lol. I’d like a new RX or a GX or go the complete opposite and just buy a cheap 14/15 ES when prices normalize. I’m all over lol I know what makes financial sense but it’s not what the soul wants!!

If I couldn’t make a good deal on a new RX FSport with handling (same as 2018 FSport) I wouldn’t have sold the 2018 yet but 4K is hard to turn down. I did have to make a day trip to pick up the new Lexus and pay a brokers fee but still way ahead with the equity.

Looks like used car prices are expected to keep rising until next month. Now even rental car companies are buying up used vehicles…

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-05-03/rental-companies-buy-up-used-cars-as-microchip-crisis-gets-worse

Good luck, im still waiting for the car to be picked up , over a week now and nothing.

When I talked to them they says that they contact people within 10 days of when their paperwork was received. Have you tried calling them?

Oh yea, they contacted me alright, said 48hrs for pickup, its been 7 days, I’m calling them later today. Last i spoke to them their excuse was

“ we tried to pick up the car but it was inoperable “

Which is a lie, no one came by for anything.
I see ppl on here having a smooth transaction while others having major problems. I’ll update once i talk to them.

Update as of 5/3; Vroom somehow mangled my accepted offer and reset my deal back to “appraisal stage”. Spoke to 5 different people, none of which had an answer. The team leader I spoke to is starting over from scratch, but promised to keep the original appraisal. I could have re-submitted the appraisal, but don’t want to get too greedy.

Algo was much better in this regard, but since I’m not in a rush and this is a pure profit play, I’m willing to deal with it for the extra few grand.

Whoa just received an email that my Vroom offer went up by $500 if I sell within the next 2 days (within 7 days from getting the initial offer). It’s getting crazy…

1 Like

I feel like this is what happened to me. I accepted their offer and submitted my docs the same day you did (I think). Now it still shows that my documents are being reviewed, but if I got to the Transactions page it says Sale in Progress, but has a button to re-submit. I guess I’ll give them a call today and see what’s going on. Their offer was 4k higher than the next best out there so it’s worth fighting for.

Oh man, don’t tempt me. Even the sales rep asked me over the phone if my current offer was “OK”… I just want the original price honored.

Now we are waiting for the dealer payoff letter from GM Financial. We called them together and waited for 20 min before hanging up. I’m going to try them on the online chat.

Called again and now they’re saying it could be 10-14 days from the date you submit your docs to get the contract emailed to you. I’m getting pretty impatient, already extended my lease and made another payment. Autonation says they’ll give me $45.5k (about 7k over my payoff), but Vroom is at $49.5k. Considering just taking a lower offer and being happy with 7k profit. Enterprise estimates around $47k, so maybe I’ll see if their offer is legit.

Have you tried Carvana, AlGO, and Carmax?

Carvana offered ~43k, Carmax says my vehicle is too rare and I need to bring it in for them to appraise, and I have not tried ALGO. Thanks, I’ll give them a shot.

My offer goes up weekly :joy:

1 Like

Just got an email from Vroom that they’ve assigned a carrier to pick-up my vehicle and that they should contact me in the next 2-3 days.

Just went through Edmunds which is just a roundabout way to get a Carmax offer - Carmax offered 46.7k, not a bad backup plan if Vroom continues to drag their feet.

Update:

4/26 : estimate received
4/26 : ownership docs submitted.
4/27 : my bank faxed payoff quote to vroom, confirmed with Vroom they rcvd it
5/1 : Vroom said they never got payoff quote
5/3 : Called bank, got the dealer payoff letter and sent it to Vroom
Vroom confirmed they rcvd it
They also said it will take 10-14 days for docusign email.

I will probably go with carmax at this point. They are $2k less but atleast they are not dragging their feet.