Sold one to VROOM!

Albeit to CarMax, I just sold my '19 Cherokee Limited early 9 months for a $4500 profit. The CarMax guy said I was his 7th lease buyout of the day.

Vroom was $2000 profit and Carvana was $3500.

Indeed this is crazy but so worth doing it for that return.

Still waiting on Vroom to send the documents to e-sign. I sent in all the required documentation on Tuesday and I haven’t heard anything. Website still says that my documents are being reviewed and “You should receive an email with contracts to sign once we verify your information.” I’ll probably call this afternoon to see what’s going on.

Just sent back FedEx envelope and waiting for pickup information. Curious to those who have finalized and received payments how accurate the final numbers are? I got quoted 6.4k over my payoff and wondering how true to that the number on the check will be.

Same here - I’m going to call and see if they can give a status update today.

I’ve heard it’s pretty much always the amount quoted … had someone just do it last week and they didn’t adjust at all. Sold a used car last year to Carvana and had the same experience.

I got exactly the quoted number. Just got my direct deposit today.

1 Like

How did you manage to get direct deposit instead of the check? I sold two cars to Vroom and in one instance overnighted fedex shippment had delivery exception and the check was returned to shipper… Vroom issued stop payment and re-sent it again after 3 weeks. It would have been a time saver if they direct deposited money in the first place.

Direct deposit is one of the options they give you when you submit your documents for review.

1 Like

I guess no news on this?

Sold my 2018 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid XLE to Vroom yesterday. Payoff was $19386 and TFS was super easy to work with. They messaged me the payoff letter while I was on the phone with them. Vroom beat out Carvana, Algo and Carmax with a ~$24,000 offer.

Their service team was alright, just a little bit slow. Overall, pretty easy sale and I would do it again if they keep burning through so much money.

Yea, you can link you bank vs. getting a check sent to you.

Vroom messaged back saying as of 2021 leases, VCFS doesn’t work with them.

Replied saying I lease a 2020 and no verbiage in the lease.

Got GiveMeTheVin to come close to Vroom and it’s theirs. Paperwork is in process.

VCFS had no issue faxing my quote to GMTV’s fax number, and they are responsive.

Vroom is overloaded with less than knowledgeable customer service reps (2021 rules don’t apply to 2020) while GMTV is very responsive and had it setup within a day. Going through title department now there.

1 Like

Vroom’s offer for a 2019 GMC Sierra was $36,200, the next closest was Carvana for just under $34k. Accepted the offer on 4/27, have yet to hear back from them. We extended the lease for another month, and already paid the latest payment this week. Dealer confirmed the payoff is $29k. Gonna call them again today to make sure everything is still on track.

Of course they wouldn’t. If you give them a number, they don’t know if that’s your number, Vroom’s number or whomever it belongs to.

After GMTV sends VCFS your payoff amount, I assume VCFS will issue the title in your name. GMTV is okay with that?

Well we’re gonna find out, aren’t we?

I know less than this than you guys claim to, and the FUD is hilarious with VCFS.

Have you asked any Volvo dealers if they’d take it off your hands? They’d get a more favorable buy price than vroom etc.

Yep, local dealer wasn’t interested, despite having zero used Volvo’s on the lot. He couldn’t be arsed to reply.

Their loss. It’s got 3,300 miles, hand-washed, and more ceramic on than a pottery barn.

Did you end up talking to anyone at Vroom today? About to call …

Not yet - let me know what they tell you. I’m going to call after work if they’re still open. Let’s see if they give us the same story.

From experience I would call them at 9am. Waiting time in the afternoon is crazy.

1 Like