Sold one to VROOM!

I would call and check worst they could say is no $100 is $100 (gift card)

I got an offer from vroom for $18k and my buyout is $15,500. This for a challenger sxt. Sounds too good to be true

Sold my 2017 TRD Tacoma 4x4 to Vroom for $33k. I bought my truck for close to invoice almost 3 years ago for $33,800. This was back when a lot of SoCal dealers were selling them for over MSRP. Only lost $800 over 3 years - held 98% of its value over 3 years. This is my second Taco where it cost almost nothing to drive.

The Vroom process went very smooth. 10 days from the initial contact to when the truck was picked up and I received my check via FedEx. They answered my calls and emails promptly when I had questions. Overall it was a great experience. If you are interested in what Carvana offered… it was $30K. Vroom beat them by $3k.

7 Likes

Overall my experience with vroom was very good. They didn’t seem to care about any small dings or curb Damage or the rock chip. They picked the car up 7/18 and it’s already for sale today.

Just did carmax, vroom and carvana on my current Jeep lease. It is a 2017 Cherokee limited with 26,622 miles and my buyout from US bank to dealer trade will be $18,640 end of next week once I make this next payment.

Carmax -$18k
Vroom - $18.5k
Carvana - $18,598 and they encourage you to shop it around.

Not bad at all for a 27 month old lease!

Will most likely wait a few months while I search for the ideal 3 row crossover.

You will not be able to sell your car to Vroom/Carvana etc. US Bank won’t allow it. You have to trade it in at dealer and purchase a new car, or continue your lease.

You can buy your car and sell it to them, but you will probably have to pay taxes.

I went through this a few months ago.

Good luck.

@zodiac I appreciate your comment. That sucks to hear… but the good news is I’m close to break even. Appreciate your insights! I’ll keep the forum updated.

Is this primarily due to the fact it is a US Bank lease, or a lease in general? Guessing it’s the former based on all the US bank horror stories I’ve read.

Best,

TotesJFM

It’s a US Bank thing, I just sold my Grand Cherokee that I leased through Chrysler Capital no problem.

Is the Vroom appraisal the finial price or they will adjust the price based on the actual inspection after pickup?
If this is a lease (lexus), is Vroom going to pays directly to Lexus Financial Service? or I need to buyout car first in order to be able to sell to vroom?

1 Like

Direct to lender.

1 Like

They will inspect but they are very lenient…you probably won’t get dinged unless it’s major. They fix it up once they receive the car

Tried getting a quote on my G70 and it just hangs at processing. Anybody else have this issue?
Edit: Used a different browser and it worked

Looking up my VIN, it appears Vroom sold mine pretty quickly for a $4k+ markup.

Not profit of course as they had to transport, cleanup and market the vehicle.

Process was insanely fast. Less than 3 hours after getting notified that all paperwork was accepted and they’d search for a carrier, a carrier was calling me and saying he was 5 minutes away. I had to quickly empty the vehicle and off it went on Saturday at 6pm. Tuesday at 10am (10 minutes ago) I just got the check from vroom.

1 Like

How do you look up VIN?

Googled it

Check your insurance card or the registration. or title.

If the car is going from Lexus Financial Service (lienholder) to vroom, is there a tax exempt? (This is NJ)

Vroom is paying me $24,500
LFS payoff is $24,300 (no tax)
Do you know if I have to pay taxes out of my pocket?

No, if Vroom is buying out your car. They’re a reseller so they are exempt

I need to look into more super hackable cars that sell well on Vroom. (4 series are definitely a no-go) I can float some money for the right investment. :sunny: