Sold one to VROOM!

She nice we sharing, sold my 2020 ram limited after 8 months of leasing i came out with 15.5 k on top unfortunately vroom had the lowest offer, I went with givemethevin

Vroom has vehicles for sale priced above sticker price…and people are buying them.

I know several people who will pay Carvana and Vroom prices on a used car in order to avoid having to deal with a “dealership”. They think they’re getting a great deal and you can’t talk any sense into them. Oh well…

I have a question for anyone who has sold to vroom. I’m currently in the process of selling my Cadillac to them and I’ve sent the power of attorney form to them. Today I checked the value of my vehicle on their appraisal tool using a different email address and the offer is $1k higher! What’s the best way to get this updated offer, so I don’t have to start the process all over again? Or if I call will they update the buyout? Thanks in advance for the answers, I’m sure someone has done this before and it’s easy on Carvana, but I couldn’t find anything on the vroom successes.

Hi all.

I’m leasing a 2020 c300 amg (50k msrp). I’m 12 months into a 36/10 lease and paying 505 a month with 0 initially down about 4K in MSD. 7500 miles on it.

Long story short, Vroom is offering me 39.5K to buy out the lease. This number was as low as 33k 4-5 months ago. The outright buyout amount in MBFS is 40.5K. Im seeking advice on these scenarios…

1 - I buy the c300 outright to avoid payments the next 2 years (40.5k down , but save 12k in payments next 2 years). I could then hold/sell until I’m able to get a reasonable SUV deal, which is ultimately what I’ll need to do.

2 - I sell to vroom and it seems like I’d be losing 1k based on the vroom offer vs what Mercedes charges me to buy it outright. The only reason I would do this would be to then begin to patiently search for an SUV in the interim while eliminating payment stress.

3 - just keep making payments and carry on

Given where the market is at and used car pricing being sky high, this is more or less an opportunity to get out of the lease with minimal financial pain early on. I’m curious to hear thoughts of the pros here. If your 30-180 day goal was to get an SUV (but your not willing to overpay), what would you do? Would you buy it, sell it, or hold?

How old is this Vroom offer? I thought they stopped buying leases?

Vroom no longer buying out leases, so that option isn’t available.

Not only is Vroom not buying leases, MBFS won’t sell to a third party.

1 Like

What is your reasoning for laying out $40k cash right now as opposed to making lease payments?

Very interesting , the vroom offer is from today actually lol, but if they won’t buyout leases then that it looks like that scenario is out of play.

I either hold and make payments , or buy it outright.

My primaryreason for buying it now would be to ideally get into an SUV, but equally as important to avoid taking a larger financial hit down the road / eliminate the payment stress, but I suppose that pendulum can swing in both directions.

If you have $40k burning a hole in your pocket, then there should be no payment stress. And your financial hit decreases as you make payments, not increases, so I’m not sure what you mean about a larger hit down the road.

You put yourself at larger risk by being the owner. If the used market crashes (which I doubt), you’ll be left holding the bag instead of MBFS.

I suppose you make a valid point , the only reason to buy would be to sell though especially if dealing with vroom and others it has to be done that way.

It would just be a matter of if I can find an suv lease deal that’s actually competitive

Just sold my 2019 Mercedes Sprinter to Vroom.

I bought it a little over a year ago (with 0% financing for 5 years) for 43.5k (MSRP ~48.5k).

Vroom offered 46.7k, which almost offset the entire cost of ownership (including tax/reg) so was too good to pass up.

As others experienced, their customer service sucked, they accidentally canceled the deal multiple times mistakenly thinking it was leased, etc., but I just deposited the check and the extra ~5k over the next best offer was worth the hassle.

Came across this last night, and it sounds about right based on the mixed reviews I see here. They’re actually the lowest offer I’ve gotten so far, over $6000 lower than Carmax on my 2018 Pathfinder.

Sold my 2021 Rav4 Prime (I had a lien on the car) to Vroom last week. Having helped friends sell their cars to Carmax and Carvana, Vroom’s selling process has room for improvement. There were a few times in the process where you are waiting for a response from Vroom but don’t know if anyone is going to get back to you. I ended up direct messaging Vroom via their Twitter account to get the ball rolling.

Here was my timeline.
Sept 3rd : Submitted details for Quote–Received message that appraisal group will come back with a figure
Sept 5th: Received Quote
Vroom: 48000
Carvana: 40029
ALGO: 38000
GMTV: 40000
Carmax: Have to take it in
KBB Trade in Value (Excellent Condition): 41,548

Sept 8th: Uploaded registration, odometer reading and photo of driver’s license
Sept 13th: Message Vroom via Twitter on lack of movement since sept 8th|
Sept 13th pm|: Got a message from Vroom to resubmit photo of registration, odometer reading and photo of driver’s license
Sept 13th evening: Got docusign paperwork to sign electronically
Sept 14th: Got Fedex to sign the power of attorney document
Sept 15th: Sent back Fedex to vroom
Sept 16th: Vroom gets document and said to wait for them to assign a driver for pick up
Sept 17th: Got a call from Vroom to schedule pickup. Can pick up as early as the Monday, Sept 20th but ask them to pick up in the afternoon of Sept 23rd
Sept 23: Vroom shows up in their own branded car carrier to take it back to their center in the suburb of Chicago. I emailed the tow notice (their term for the bill of Lading) back to vroom
Sept 24th: Bank received Fedex and the loan is paid off|
Sept 25th: I get the check for the equity on the car (even though I had requested direct deposit) and the deal is done.

The car had over 700 miles more than I had put when the car was initially appraised but Vroom had no issues with that as long as you stay under 1000 miles.

If the difference in offers were $500 or less, I would have taken the offer from others but considering Vroom is paying up for get inventory, I was willing to put up with some of the troubles and unknowns.

2 Likes

Congrats on the sale, i find it shocking someone is going to pay over 50k for a used rav4 :rofl:

5 Likes

Interesting, must be a software glitch from the pricing team. 20% gap is huge!

1 Like

Seriously, that’s when you take an offer and don’t ask any questions :joy: because they are definitely going to take a loss on that one.

1 Like

100% agree there. I thought there was a catch with this offer where at some point during the process they come back and say “Sorry, we screwed up our offer and we really want to give you less”

1 Like

Vroom is so sloppy and disorganized all around. Yet another reason why I think their days are numbered (or at least will be swallowed up by someone else).

Guys, is Vroom buying out leases at the moment? I read conflicting information from various sources. Their offer is the highest at the moment but I don’t want to waste my time if it isn’t going to work.