Sold one to VROOM!

2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xe sold to Vroom
Total process took about a month
Net Profit $3,581.70

MSRP $55,355
Vroom paid $52,000
Payoff $46,661.47 ($46,311.47 + $350 Purchase Option Fee)
I leased this for two months. ($0 discount and $0 markup on cost of the vehicle.)

7/20/21 Submitted online appraisal
7/22/21 Received Price
7/24/24 Submitted ownership verification documentation
7/30/21 Submitted additional requested documentation
7/30/21 Received and Docusigned contract
7/31/21 Received via FedEx then signed and FedEx’d Power of Attorney
8/2/21 Carrier assigned
8/3/21 Replied to email confirming pick up information
8/6/21 Called Vroom requesting information on pick up
8/10/21 Vroom emailed asking for pick up information
8/18/21 Carrier picked up vehicle after three postponements by carrier
8/18/21 Emailed bill of lading to Vroom
8/20/21 Received email from Vroom confirming payment sent to Chrysler Capital and to me
8/21/21 Received payment via FedEx

1 Like

I’m sorry I missed this post - hadn’t logged in in a while. Yes, my trade-in last year was a Nissan Murano for a Kia K5.

I am looking to sell to Vroom too but the car is my daily driver so I will putting miles on it while waiting for Vroom to pick it up. Did you end up putting more than 250 miles on it prior to the pickup and did Vroom have any issues with it? I know Carvana gives you 1000 miles before they adjust the initial appraisal.

I didn’t have an issue with using more than the 250 miles.

Sold one to Vroom about a month ago. Called them to sell another one, and was told they no longer buy leased vehicles.

That is correct, they will no longer buy out any lease no matter who the captive is or what the captives 3rd party buyout rules are.

I had a little over 2,000 miles when I submitted my appraisal. By the time they picked up the car, I had about 2,950 miles. I called Vroom to inform them, and they said there would be no issue so long as I was under 3,000 miles.

Correct. Vroom lets u add 1,000 miles. I drove the hell out of my sequoia before they picked up.

Awesome. I will continue to drive it up to the limit. For additional documentation, what did they ask you to send besides the initial ask of registration, drivers license and odometer pictures?

Question? If sold privately instead of third party do you just payoff and sell and they pay taxes on the purchase vs Carnax won’t collect taxes and just cut you a check for difference?

No, you pay the sales tax when you buy your leased car and then the private party who buys the car from you will pay tax again. (This applies to majority of the states and there are exceptions)

1 Like

My deal is finally done. Sold my 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude (V6 and HK sound) 26000 miles. Jeep was a lease that ended in May and I bought it out.

8/26 - Quote received from Vroom, accepted the offer, and submitted initial info online
8/27 - Docusign docs signed
8/30 - Power of attorney doc arrives from FedEx, signed, and sent back out that day
8/31 - Vroom received everything they need and is starting the process of finding a carrier
8/31 - Carrier assigned
9/1 - Carrier called to schedule pickup
9/2 - Vehicle picked up
9/7 - Vroom sent tracking numbers for payment to me/bank
9/8 - FedEx delivered my check and the check to my bank
9/10 - Bank Loan paid off

Loan payoff was $26703, Vroom quote was $37088, net $10385 in equity.

Carvana quoted me $32739, Carmax quoted me $35000. I almost sold to Carmax since they are so incredibly easy (sold them my M3 back in 2018) and you walk out with a check that day but figured I would give Vroom a shot even though they have mixed feedback on here.

I quoted this Jeep a dozen times over ownership. My first Vroom quote was way back in June 2019 for $35000, June 2020 they quoted me $31996, February 1 2021 $32844. I got my high quote of $38280 on August 9. Luckily it didn’t drop much before my 4xe arrived at the end of the month.

Vroom originally listed my Jeep for $43500 but has already dropped it to $42000.

Overall I am pleasantly surprised and happy with the outcome.

4 Likes

She nice we sharing, sold my 2020 ram limited after 8 months of leasing i came out with 15.5 k on top unfortunately vroom had the lowest offer, I went with givemethevin

Vroom has vehicles for sale priced above sticker price…and people are buying them.

I know several people who will pay Carvana and Vroom prices on a used car in order to avoid having to deal with a “dealership”. They think they’re getting a great deal and you can’t talk any sense into them. Oh well…

I have a question for anyone who has sold to vroom. I’m currently in the process of selling my Cadillac to them and I’ve sent the power of attorney form to them. Today I checked the value of my vehicle on their appraisal tool using a different email address and the offer is $1k higher! What’s the best way to get this updated offer, so I don’t have to start the process all over again? Or if I call will they update the buyout? Thanks in advance for the answers, I’m sure someone has done this before and it’s easy on Carvana, but I couldn’t find anything on the vroom successes.

Hi all.

I’m leasing a 2020 c300 amg (50k msrp). I’m 12 months into a 36/10 lease and paying 505 a month with 0 initially down about 4K in MSD. 7500 miles on it.

Long story short, Vroom is offering me 39.5K to buy out the lease. This number was as low as 33k 4-5 months ago. The outright buyout amount in MBFS is 40.5K. Im seeking advice on these scenarios…

1 - I buy the c300 outright to avoid payments the next 2 years (40.5k down , but save 12k in payments next 2 years). I could then hold/sell until I’m able to get a reasonable SUV deal, which is ultimately what I’ll need to do.

2 - I sell to vroom and it seems like I’d be losing 1k based on the vroom offer vs what Mercedes charges me to buy it outright. The only reason I would do this would be to then begin to patiently search for an SUV in the interim while eliminating payment stress.

3 - just keep making payments and carry on

Given where the market is at and used car pricing being sky high, this is more or less an opportunity to get out of the lease with minimal financial pain early on. I’m curious to hear thoughts of the pros here. If your 30-180 day goal was to get an SUV (but your not willing to overpay), what would you do? Would you buy it, sell it, or hold?

How old is this Vroom offer? I thought they stopped buying leases?

Vroom no longer buying out leases, so that option isn’t available.

Not only is Vroom not buying leases, MBFS won’t sell to a third party.

1 Like

What is your reasoning for laying out $40k cash right now as opposed to making lease payments?