Sold one to VROOM!

Has anyone tried getting Vroom to reappraise their car for a higher value after accepting an offer and signing the initial paperwork?

To update the latest on my Vroom transaction I got an email today with tracking numbers for the two checks they sent out, one to NMAC and one to me. So almost exactly 48 hours after pickup.

2 Likes

Well the market’s been really volatile lately, also being a under mileage Lexus RX350 helps…

The car was prepaid, pay off amount is about 28k. The offered price is 24x$400 (monthly paymemt) plus $28k plus about 2k, actually Carvana was slightly higher later on when we checked again, but the car needs to go.

Nice!

Thanks for providing that phone number by the way. I called them directly on Friday. They said they were still looking for a carrier. They called me back an hour later and said they found one and he would be there shortly. Needless to say, 0 advance notice wasn’t going to work but they rescheduled for Saturday.

Car was picked up yesterday and I submitted the BOL to the VROOM email address. Waiting to hear from them but given it’s the weekend, I would assume I’ll hear tomorrow.

2 Likes

I accepted Vroom offer and emailed requested documents on 7/23, 5 days later total silence!

Sold to Vroom, 2019 RAV4 Hybrid XLE. Bad lease due to impulse purchase with baby on the way, $447/month. Been bouncing prices around since January to see when we could get out with minimum cost. This past month pricing has just been all over the place but in my favor. Payoff was $29,6xxx

Before car prices started going up with covid: offers from Vroom and Carvana were about $21k.
This past month: prices started creeping to $26k, then 27k, then 28k. I was ready to pull the trigger with negative equity of $1500 because I figured they can’t go up any higher. I was wrong. Final offer was $29,1xx. Ended up only paying $500 for Vroom to take my car which I was more than happy to pay.

Car is already listed on Vroom (just picked up today) for more than MSRP. https://www.vroom.com/inventory/toyota-rav4-hybrid-2019-2T3RWRFV6KW024623

1 Like

2019 VW e-golf - Mileage - 1,900- Owned - California
Carvana/Shift doesn’t want quote because it is a ev car

7/6 - Vroom Quote received: $21,982
7/8 - Accepted offer
7/10 - Vroom asked for photo copy of title
7/11 - Vroom sends next steps Email
7/11 - Fedex title & spare key
7/13 - Received “looking for carrier” Email - “Can take 1-2 weeks for pickup”
Silence until 7/21, emailed them to follow up. Got a email back same day saying will contact me shortly
7/22 - 11 am, received phone call from carrier saying will be my home in 1 hour. But I was 50 miles away from work. Asked them to come around 6 pm or any time on the weekend , they said will call me back, but nothing happened until 7/25.
7/25 email again to Vroom for following. Third party transport company RPMmoves jumped in, I was been told the carrier’s truck is broken, will come on 7/27 or 7/28.
7/27 11:30 AM, email aaaaaagain to RPM, been told the truck was still not movable, looking for new carrier. Got phone call from new carrier around 2 pm, confirmed pick up time 6pm.
6 pm, most strangest thing happened. 1 guy showed without truck, saying the street is too narrow, their semi-truck was on another road, this guy would drive my car to the truck. I told him I can drive the car to his truck, but then he said the truck was away to pick up other vehicle. I still fell unconformable, but since they have all my info and my car’s vin, and told me the story about the Vroom, I believed him and agreed him to drive my car away.
Just in case something happening, I recorded a video about showing odometer, then I walk out from the car, then this guy hand me the drivers licence, recorded it, gave back to him, he walked in, drove away from the driveway.
Emailed bill of lading and photo of Odo to Vroom around 10 pm. Also told them what happed.
7/28 - 7 am, Vroom confirmed receipt of copy of bill of lading. " expect to receive updated payment information within 2 business days"
Will update when they email me the FedEx tracking.

Actually the pick up guy lied to me, there was no truck around, he drove my car to his home. I knew it through remote mobile app. Maybe they will load the car later, I don’t know.
I didn’t tell him that it is a electric car since I never thought he would drive my car that far. From Orange county to Rancho Cucamonga. Right now it is showing only 4 miles range on the car. And I hid the level 1 charger under the shelf of the back trunk, he must did not find it because he did not charge the car since yesterday. I would only leave 10 miles range on the car, and let this fucking cheater stuck on the road.

2 Likes

email them or call them again

Anyone afraid of these kind of car buying businesses that they take away your car before paying the lender that you owe money to?

I am talking about the trustworthiness, like someone mentioned above the driver drove the car to his home.

What happens if they steal your car, or Vroom is not responding to give you an update after you sent off your car? What’d you do? Your car is gone and you still owe money to the lender?

Does anyone have such experience selling to them?

Starting to fear this…Vroom sent payoff via FedEx to Toyota, it was received 7/17. TFS rep told me on 7/23 they are 7 days behind in processing. Still waiting for buyout to finish & post. Car has been gone since 7/15. :grimacing:

2 Likes

I had a link in the Bill of Lading document that took me to place of arrival and condition photos when received.
My car is listed on vroom but I am still waiting for payment info. so fingers crossed for now.

When are you folks cancelling insurance on the vehicle? I would think once its on the truck its the haulers responsibility no?

1 Like

I waited until Toyota and Chase(Subaru) reported the account closed… but I’m not really a risk taker.

2 Likes

Just call them!!!

I did, they are backed up, they will get to it.
I actually submitted documents to Carvana also, they are within $130 of each other (Carvana is higher) who ever acts first get the car!

As soon as it was on the truck. Per their instructions as well. Power of attorney was signed over and I signed bill of lading with car carrier taking over responsibility from there. Anything happens it’s out of my hands and pocket

1 Like

A note on insurance: make sure you don’t cancel your insurance if you still have your plates. In New York (and other states?) this can lead to a mess.

Thanks for sharing, now I think I better pass no matter how great of an offer they have.

I actually submitted a quote request, a few days after they sent the first quote they sent a 2nd offer with a couple grands more.

Anyways, sounds too good to be true.

You’ll never know what happens when dealing with someone online.

Ahhh ok, now I think I better pass no matter how great of an offer they have.

I actually submitted a quote request, a few days after they sent the first quote they sent a 2nd offer with a couple grands more.

Anyways, sounds too good to be true.

You’ll never know what happens when dealing with someone online who you don’t know about.

This entire thread is almost all positive for Vroom and the transactions. If losing out on seeing a person negotiate and seeing the car is worth a couple grand then that’s a personal choice. I read the reviews and felt confident that all transactions would go through