Sold one to TexasAutoValue

Did not find a thread for this dealer so starting a new one.

I recently bought out my 2019 Honda Civic lease as it was coming to an end in June 22. Since they don’t allow 3rd party dealer buyout, I paid taxes on the residual of course. But looking at the market, it was still the way to go I figured.

In all, I paid $13.7K to buy it out.

Quotes that I got from Vroom, Carvana, Carmax and Autonation ranged from 17K to 19.1K.

I decided to try and sell it private party via Craigslist. As soon as I applied for title transfer, I put up an ad on CL within 2 hours. By the end of the day, I had 7 inquiries. I listed it for 21K. All of them seemed legit and no one haggled. Next morning, I got a call for it (I gave my number to one of the email inquiries) . He said he is a wholesale dealer. Asked a few basic questions about car’s condition. And then asked if I could go down to 20K. I politely declined considering I had 6 other interested parties.

He agreed to 21K. Offered to transfer $500 deposit via Zelle right away and requested that I take the ad down on CL. Received deposit in 10 minutes, took down the ad.

This was on 3/30 noon. He said he would send someone to pick up the car on Monday since I was still waiting for my title to come in via mail. He said we can meet at a bank near my house so that we both feel safe. Sounds good to me!

We exchanged a few texts between then and now. I told him on Saturday that I still had not received title and if we should delay the pick up. He said its fine. He will give me prepaid Fedex to mail it once I receive it.

Today morning, got text from person picking up that he is about to board flight from Dallas and will let me know once he reaches the bank. Once we met up before noon, he checked the car out (it was dirty with rain and pollen), did not find issues. I had forgotten to bring with me the title application and receipts so went back home together so he can take a picture of it.

We ended up finishing the transaction at home (cash). He did ask if I want to go back to bank so that they can put the bills thru the machine to verify for counterfeits. Against best judgement, I decided not to. So we finished up, signed the bill of sale and odo verification. And then he left.

Only thing I have to worry about is having received any counterfeits (that’s a risk I took on, not the dealer’s fault) and then I need to mail the title once I receive it.

All in all, I don’t think I have had better car related experience in the past. I have sold one to Vroom before and was happy with it but this was extremely smooth and quick with no gotchas.

The dealer is called Texas Auto Value. Seems to have tons of 5 star reviews on Google (always fishy but can be genuine too right?)

Thought I would share so folks can check with them along with the other known dealers when its time to sell.

4 Likes

Texas auto value is legit. I sold my 2014 q50
Last year to them and the whole process took less than 5 minutes when I went there. They offered $2k more than anyone else out there at the time.

1 Like

I got a quote from them… much more of a classic wheel and deal type experience on the phone than the usual algorithm-based take it or leave it.

They matched local dealers but didn’t beat it.

1 Like

I also thought that may be I could have gotten more for my car possibly. But the quotes I got from carvana, vroom etc were much lower so I just went with it.

One difference is that I did not approach them for a quote. They responded to my ad in CL and I stayed firm on the price. I had nothing to lose. I had other buyers lined up.

Carvana and vroom will likely give you the most for you old! They take it from you and bring it to a state where it sells for the most. As for a new car we get cars at wholesale price so when you are ready to get into something new let us know!
917-685-3492

Just to close the loop, I deposited the cash! No counterfeits LOL

I also UPS’d the title to them and promptly got reimbursed for the overnight shipping charge.

2 Likes

Am I wrong, or does their method of operation seem a bit sketchy?

2 Likes

Can you elaborate? What part seems sketchy?

Just sold my second car to Texas auto value. If you live in DFW, it’s the best way to sell your car.

Honestly the easiest process. They typically will beat/match MOST written offers.

Brought the car to them and I was out in less than 10 minutes w a check in my hand.

3 Likes

Gave them a try and they were less than Carvana others by more than $1K.

1 Like

Any recent sales to them?

I sold them a TRX in April 2023… offered 10k more than most and met me at a chase bank where they pulled a money order.

1 Like