Sold one to CARVANA!

160 positive with autonation on the S60. Still in the hole *technically with the V60.

:chocolate_bar:

Same here… the quote on my 19’ XC60 went up $2k in the past week… Too bad incentives on the X3 M40i went down this month otherwise I would have made the jump! Hopefully they continue on in that trend!

Yeah, I don’t expect to jump. The same forces which drive the used car prices up are going to make leases more expensive. I’m more amused by the fact I’m no longer $10k in negative equity like I was when the lease started in May.

Anyone here sold a leased Mercedes to Carvana? Carvana is asking me to ask MBFS to fax a dealer payoff quote directly to them because they don’t accept customer payoff quote, while MBFS said Carvana had to call them directly requesting to it because they wouldn’t provide a dealer payoff to a customer, and now I’m in a gridlock.

Get them on a conference call together. Or just call and pretend to be a dealer.

Carvana just offered $10,732 for my 2020 Chevy Spark base model 5 speed with 18,000 miles. I’d be a fool not to take it! Considering Costco gave me a $700 gift card when I bought it in Dec 2019, I will have just about drove this car for free for 15 months!

1 Like

Looks like no third party payoffs from Volvo.

I know that popped up with one person a few weeks back… has anyone else confirmed that?

There have been a few conversations about it, but no confirmation.

Which is why autonation is coming in clutch as they have volvo dealers. Now to figure out what I can drive for 8 months then swap or how to get out of my other volvo :thinking:

:chocolate_bar:

I sold my Volvo to Vroom in January, 10 months into the lease for a profit.

1 Like

Here’s from Carvana today clarifying which hands they cannot take off the vehicles from.

At this time, we are not able to move forward with purchasing your leased vehicle as Carvana’s policy does not align with (US Bank / Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp/ Infiniti / Ford / Ally Financial/ Volvo/ Lincoln/Tesla)'s policies, and this prevents us from being able to purchase leased vehicles from this provider.

4 Likes

What a dumb policy by the manufacturers. Why should they care where the money comes from. And yes, before I get roasted by the other side, I know you sign a contract when you start the lease; it just seems like such an arbitrary legacy provision.

Wow that’s a buzzkill if true.

This is what their automated chat states:

I’ll see what the live person says shortly

1 Like

“Oh, I’m sorry, I didn’t realize that the vehicle was leased through Volvo Financial. We are not able to accept leases from Ford,Nissan / Infiniti, Ally, US Bank, Tesla, Volvo, and Lincoln.”

Read it again, it’s CARVANA’s policy not to deal with those lessors.

Yup just confirmed with a live person via text that they currently are not accepting Volvo leases at this time.

My recent experience with carvana was excellent. Had a little equity in my Toyota Tacoma ( not the craziness of making money on my lease but came out ahead for time driven). Pretty much did everything in a day- submitted photos of license and registration and odometer. Only thing was wasted 30 minutes on the phone with Toyota financial to get 10 d payoff which was easy other than waiting on phone . But had to call them again on conference call with carvana rep to get sent again directly to carvana. Got approved later that afternoon and am set to drop off locally next week.

Had experience with vroom and Carmax too in the past. Went with carvana this time because price higher by 2000$.
Vroom was stressful because you have to send stuff over by fedex and make a separate call for transporting. Carvana seems to make it easier. Carmax is nice because you have a brick and mortar place to deal with but I find their valuations are lower usually. Plus you have to hear the Carmax guy trying to sell you something while you wait for appraisal to come back.

1 Like

And why is it Carvana’s policy? Probably because Volvo stopped selling to 3rd parties. So he may not be wrong