Sold one to CARVANA!

My appointment was already scheduled. They just had no availability within the 7 day period in which the appraisal was good for. Luckily they keep your scheduled appointment and you don’t lose your spot when having to re-appraise.

I know. Exactly. You can schedule for after the appraisal expires as long as you schedule during the appraisal window. I couldn’t get them out for 2wks and the site said it expired but it hadn’t.

I’m also selling one to Carvana. All the verification steps were approved earlier on today when thereafter I received my link to schedule for a pick up. The earliest pick up available was late afternoon next Monday 8/26 which I snagged.

I monkeyed around with appraisals starting on 8/14 when I received the highest offer which I did not book. Thereafter it took several other appraisals to finally get within $100 closest to their original offer which I jumped on.

I have a very clean and low mileage SUV (turned 48K miles for a 2013 Honda) and their appraisal came $1500 over Vroom; Carmax was a total waste of time. The Carvana offer was good enough for me to not to seek a private party buyer in which case I could’ve potentially done $1000 better but I decided that babysitting the SUV till I get bona fide buyers with enough cash or great credit to borrow, was not worth my time. Carvana is paying very close to topline KBB retail but I’m sure that with an extended warranty they will make a couple of more grands and if so then good for them!

Although my appraisal expires on 8/23 and my pay-off quote is only good through 8/25, Carvana assured me that they will abide by the deal and that they will be paying the excess per diem. I will update if anything adverse or unsavory happens.

YMMV depending on your car but for me…wow that was a completely painless process. Basically the same as Carmax except they offered me way more money.

During the inspection it seemed like they didn’t even check the exterior as they literally just sat on the drivers side, started the engine, read the odometer, and took some notes on an iPad, opened the trunk and that’s it.

Went in the office and they already had a check printed out for me. Signed a few documents releasing the car to them. They ordered me up an Uber and I was on my way home. The only hiccup was not related to Carvana…Uber ride took over two hours due to the big rig that overturned on the 405 this morning.

The quote they gave me over the web did not change after the “inspection”. Still seemed weird that they wouldn’t at least drive it around the parking lot though. lol

Inspection is very informal. I wouldn’t sweat it. We had a ding on the driver’s side door and, unless they PDR’ed it before selling, they didn’t even call it out on their listing. Guessing dings are considered normal wear and tear.

Sold my Civic Si to Carvana last month. The overall pickup experience and inspection was very pleasant. They even handed me a check on the spot for my positive equity on the lease!

The major negative, however, is they sent the payoff check to the wrong address. It has been a month now and I still am still making payments on a car I no longer own due to their administrative errors. Despite several calls to Carvana and waiting on hold 30+ minutes each time, I’ve been told there’s nothing they can do since their finance department is currently “overwhelmed”.

They should cut you an additional check for the payment amount you were forced to make due to their error.

I am having similar issues with their “Sell to Carvana” team. Payment to my lender was not made yet, and today was the deadline they set.

Supposedly, the lender will send me a check for the amount I’ve overpaid if Carvana sends them the original payoff. I’ve had that happen in other circumstances, but I would not be surprised if Carvana contacts the lender, gets an updated payoff, and “forgets” I’ve had to make additional payments on the vehicle.

I’m definitely not happy with their service so far in that regard, they promised me an update by yesterday and I haven’t heard anything. I really need to call and raise hell at this point it seems.

Yup this tracks with my experience. Ops team fantastic, financial team slow or lazy.

For Carvana when you’re entering your vehicle info to see how much they’ll pay you, do you need to say there is an active loan on the vehicle?

Not for a quote, no. But if you do put the loan balance it’ll show your positive/negative equity based on their offer. You’d need to edit the quote with payoff if you intend to sell it to them.

Can this all be done online, or would I need to call them? I’m currently leasing a 2018 Civic and the payoff is $16858, and they’re offering $17252, so just wondering what the process was like.

Thanks!

For the most part it can all be done online. Once you accept their offer, they’ll need photos of your ID, odometer, registration and a 10 day dealer payoff with per diem.

Once they’re satisfied with all of the documents, you’ll schedule an appointment and they’ll meet with you, inspect the vehicle, have you sign some legal documents, hand you your check and that’s it.

Make sure they have the correct payoff address for Honda, read a few posts up, I’m currently dealing with them…

When they picked up ours the driver just made sure it ran and that the tires were in order. I noted scuffs and scrapes during the online process. There was wheel rash, lower front facia rash, scratch on the roof, scratches on the side from bikes… CarMax would have hit me hard. Toyota would have also on the lease return

Is there any way around the VW/Audi process whereby they can quote a payoff to Carvana/Vroom/Shift that is higher than the payoff to the lessee? Can lessee pay off the car and transfer ownership to them at DMV without first registering it, and avoid paying the taxes?

I just scheduled for a pick up date which is only 1 day before the payoff quote from TFS expires. Almost 10 days from today. Would you recommend that I should change it to drop-off? It appears that I’ll be able to drop off on Tuesday the earliest. Would a pickup driver more lenient about the car condition during the inspection than the Carvana staffs at the drop-off location? What do you suggest that I should do?

Sold my vehicle last week, my appraisal had expired by about 10 days as they had no slots available for pickup. It went super smooth - i annoyingly paid $200 to have a ding pulled out and they didnt even look around for dents or scratches. It was immaculate, ding free, detailed and smeeling fresh but i was suprised when they said as long as it starts and they can drive it away! I did have a crack on the windshiled though and that wasnt an issue. Dealers offered me $27k toward another vehicle and laughed at me when I said what carvana offered - $32k. They handed me a residual check for $7k but im now waiting for the loan to be cleared off.

Well, she got posted today finally. I couldn’t even get hits listed at $13750 privately for 45 days. Looks like they fixed the windshield chip by replacing the glass entirely, but everything else looks to be how I gave it to them. Can’t believe the pricing for a 2013! https://www.carvana.com/vehicle/1281724

The time from pickup to market is longer than I expected.