Sold one to CARVANA!

What is ACH? | Nacha

Won’t be selling to carvana. 2020 Tundra. Vroom quote 46.3k. Carvana 40k.

Similar truck listed on both vroomvana is 52k their retail cash price.

Anyone have any issues selling a leased VW? VW Credit isn’t on the drop down.

VAG will charge Carvana market rate rather than your buy out, so expect it to not make a lot of sense to sell.

I had a really great experience with them too. I would like to cut out the middle man and purchase a car with them in the future, but if use my own financing.

Carvana picked up my 330i today. 5 mins process and he loaded it on a flatbed after that. $3k positive equity.

1 Like

Curiously for those who have sold cars to Carvana et al with things like scratches on the car… I’m assuming you left comments when asking for the quote… did they say anything? I have an old scratch on my trunk lid that is thin but about 4" long (garage door screw be damned!) and shows rust since it’s below the primer; I disclose it on the forms but I have a concern that they’ll basically say no when they come to pick up the car, even if disclosing that the car has a specific cosmetic issue… Thanks for any shared experiences around this!

Yeah, that is highly unlikely. Those types of repairs are nickle & dime for car resellers. They may ding ya on final price, but they are not going to pass over a scratch.

One thing that i still don’t understand is that I been told that Toyota fanatical service does not except 3rd party buy outs on leases . I talked to Vroom and Carmax they straight up confirmed this and said they will not buy my parents RAV 4 lease . However when called to Carnava , they told me otherwise and said that they will buy from Toyota , no problem.
This confused me , so are they even able to buy it from Toyota in the first place, ?

In my experience they won’t care at all. Had a few on mine, and I did disclose there were some minor scratches scuffs etc. I don’t even think the guy walked around the whole car when he came to pick it up. He looked at the outside for like 10 seconds maybe and then just started it up to see if it ran, and check for mileage/warning lights etc.

I guess if they are fanatical they won’t like 3rd party buyouts… But I believe Toyota Financial Services (TFS) still accepts 3rd party.

1 Like

Yes they seem to still accept it after all , but I guess way harder to work with , that’s why most resallers don’t want to work with TFS leases anymore , I’m just hoping that by the time we start the process with carvana ( sometime next week) they would not change their mind .

I had some touch up areas that I noted but was concerned about and they had 0 issues. I also had an area that I did not notice originally that was missing some paint and no issue.

I sold an Accord to Carvana today. Was in good condition except for one scratch where someone obviously opened their door into me in a parking lot. They barely even looked at my car. Definitely not closely. Quick walk around photos and lady drove it onto flat bed. Took 100 bucks less from Carvana over vroom based on reviews and I am happy with my choice.

VW Credit will charge a large market adjustment to a 3rd party buyer. Your best bet is to see if a VW auto group dealer is interested in purchasing your car.

Sold my 2018 GLC to Carvana today. Got 5.5k in equity. Getting the dealer payoff quote faxed from mbfs was a headache. It took 2 weeks, multiple calls to mbfs and caravana. Once the payoff was received and approved, the process was smooth and fast. This was my first lease and thanks to all the members here for the amazing work you do. Will be looking out for another hack in the near future.

+1. While waiting for fax from MBFS, Carvana noticed that my lease maturity date is less than 60 days. I extended my lease when I asked but MBFS wouldn’t give me any doc stating new maturity date. After 1 week I gave up and sold the car to another dealer for higher price who took the MBFS dealer quote over the phone instead of trying to get that in fax\email.

2 Likes

how often does the price change from original online valuation? I can understand if someone blatantly lies about the condition, but lets say the car is in excellent shape. Do they play games?

How long it takes for Carvana to payoff BMW?

Hackers,

I sold my 330i to Carvana last week. Per Carvana they mailed check to BMW which reached them on Tuesday per fedex. I called BMWFS yesterday and they said they did not get anything yet. Has anyone faced this? Should I wait for account to close before I lease a new car?