Sold one to CarMax

Since you work for Carmax, would you happen to know those non-dealertrack banks? Or vice versa, dealertrack bank

Sure, If you donā€™t see your finance company on this list then our sales people have to call the bank and verify

4 Likes

For a lease they have to call the bank regardless

2 Likes

How long ago did you sell this Sahara to carmax? Because they offered me $57k for a $66k Rubiā€¦ about the same mileage.

Thatā€™s awfully low for a Rubi. MMR is around $60.8K avg. Try other buyers.

Exactly what I thought and I have tried others.

Autonation was $60k but theyā€™re a 3.5 hour drive
Carmax $57k
Driveway $57k
Carvana $48k
GMTV $52-$54k
Local dealerships $58k highest offer so far

Iā€™m in the PNW, where prices are usually higher as well.

Iā€™m perplexed.

How long have you had it and whatā€™s the mileage? I find it where you have a few thousand miles would be the sweet spot. Have you try KBB instant cash, carfax, Clutch or Leasecompanion and see where they land.

Iā€™ve had it a little over 2 months. 19xx miles. Have had the registration for a few weeks.

Iā€™ve reached out to clutch, and lease companion 2x and neither have responded to meā€¦

KBB instant value says it canā€™t quote my vehicle, and carfax got me in touch with a few dealers but they are dealers I have had poor interactions with in the past.

I guess itā€™s just not meant to be right now.

Edit: Lease companion (Koons?) finally just emailed me back within the last 5 minutes. They offered $50k. Thatā€™s laughable at this point.

just curious, whats your build?

2022, White, Hardtop, Leather, cold weather package, painted fenders, mopar grill

Find a jeep dealer with no Rubis or 4xe on the lot and see if theyā€™ll match autoNation. Or maybe make the drive.

1 Like

There appears to be less than 5 on lots within 75 miles of me. Minimum price is $65k and itā€™s a 2021, lower spec.

Itā€™s just Not worth spending 10 hours between driving and doing paperwork to get $60k.

Iā€™m starting to think people may be embellishing a bit on what theyā€™re selling forā€¦

A few months ago I got 62k for a 67k Rubi (it was by far the best offer- about 2k over the next highest). The market has softened since then and there are a lot of them available used. It is worth the drive for the 60k offer. Model year is about to change- some 23ā€™s that have ship dates in August.

1 Like

I sold a Sahara to LCs dealer in early June and made over 7k. 1500 miles had for 3 months Itā€™s still listed for sale and now at the price they paid me for it.

Sold one this month to a local dealer right after I took delivery and will net half the profit of the sale last month.

Punch bowl isnā€™t empty but itā€™s getting there on this one.

1 Like

I agree, itā€™s softening. There are a lot of Saharas used, but from all the research Iā€™ve done, Rubis are far more Scarce. Especially in my neck of the woods. Whether people want a rubi or not, well thatā€™s a different story.

I wasnā€™t even planning on flipping but seeing the crazy prices people were still claiming to get, I figured it was worth a shot.

No harm, no foul.

Thanks for the input fellas

I just talked to a Carmax rep & she told me she thought FMC wasnā€™t allowing 3rd party buyouts (Assuming that is Ford Motor Credit? Full title is FMC-OMAHA SERVICE CTR) Iā€™m looking to get an appraisal on a Mach-e GTPE. Iā€™m going to get the appraisal even if they canā€™t make an offer, but I was wondering if anyone had heard of them dis-allowing 3rd party buyouts?
Mach-e was purchased via the options plan (3 years with a balloon payment).

Ford leases are restricted- balloon or finance are not. It sounds like they are confused on what you have.

Sold a 2019 WRX to Carmax
Paid $27k OTD
Sold $24k with 50k Miles.

Not bad, 2 Subie dealers were offering 21.

Carmax is asking $29k ($2k over what I paid)

1 Like

Got an offer for my friendā€™s 2018 Impreza with 47000 miles. Sold for $19k that they paid $21.5k when it was new. Crazy numbers.

1 Like

Any Pro/Con doing an online appraisal vs in person? I thought I read somewhere that online was better for updating appraisals, but canā€™t remember for sure.