Sold one to Carmax '19 Tacoma Limited

Long story very short I purchased a new '19 Tacoma Limited In Jan of '20 for an OK price, this was before I found lease hacker. A few months after that purchase our (12 year old) second car got totaled in a storm. We decided to go with just one vehicle since you know Covid.

Fast forward to a month ago, it became clear we needed a second car again so I leased a Sonata. Now I had a lot more truck than I needed as it went from the primary vehicle to the “work” truck. So I decided to see what I could get for it.

Vroom only offered me about $30,500 so I didn’t have high hopes but I went to CarMax anyway to see what they would say. They came back with an offer of $41,400. I had to jump on it. Here are the numbers.

Sticker: Can’t remember
Price paid: $38,395
TTL and fees: $2,272
Total paid: $40,667

Now I got a loan on this car so my out of pocket for fee’s and loan payments (including interest) was:
CarMax paid off the loan and cut me a check for $12,527

I had the truck for 17 months with an actual cash outlay (14,172 minus 12,527) of $1,645.
So I affectively leased a Taco Limited for less than 100 bucks a month for 17 months. You could do worse. I am now going to get into another Taco but a base trim SR for a whole lot less, 10K ish less sticker. This frees up the cash for my new garage :beers:

Edit: I forgot to put in the mileage, Just short of 13,000 at the time of sale.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Sold one to CarMax