Sold one to AUTONATION!

There is nothing you can do. It’s up to the store. AN sucks, I also wasted an hour of my time with my 4xe.

2 Likes

A brand is just a logo… if the store/people responsible for the actual execution is inept or worse, walk away.

Did you talk to anyone at the MB dealership before going there?

Don’t just go to these other stores. Contact them first and see if they’ll honor the price.

1 Like

Yes, I told them about the certificate and the price and they said come on in. Same thing happened at the Lexus Autonation I just went to. I sat in an office while someone tried to get a hold of corporate for over an hour to verify the offer. Then they told me they would reach out to me within 24 hours. Of course, then Hurricane Ian hit and everyone was closed for a couple of days. The offer on the certificate expired Thursday. Went back to the Lexus dealership yesterday and waited 90 minutes in an office only for them to tell me the best they could offer was $51k. I was livid.

Tldr; Autonation is a joke of a company.

1 Like

Just got back from Autonation

Received an online quote for about $1500 equity for my 2020 BMW X1, went to Autonation Toyota and the rep said good to go, we will honor the price!

After about an hour of waiting, somehow they received a different payoff from BMW and asked me to pay $3500. I noped out of there, I didn’t know BMW changes their payoff for third parties now (considering Autonation has BMW dealerships in their portfolio).

It sounds more like someone at that particular dealer didn’t know how to phrase the request to BMWFS or that it was to be routed through their BMW store. Do you have an Autonation BMW relatively close by?

I don’t think that’s the case here as BMWFS don’t change their payoff for third party dealers, they outright deny to sell them without providing a payoff

How did you find out you had $1500 positive equity? Did you call bmw and get the payoff?

Yes I got the payoff from the BMWFS website

Apparently, the guy told me that corporate called BMWFS and that’s what they gave them.

I am posting the papers:

Above is my BMW Payoff from BMWFS website
Below is what they’re offering and apparently the “lien amount” that BMW told them.

The rep also told me this is the “2nd” time BMW has done this (last one was 4 months ago apparently)

Just called BMWFS and the rep stated that the dealership payout should be the same as the one generated online.

Something is rather fishy here.

Correct, I work with BMWFS all the time unlike some other banks like Ally or Audi FS, they don’t change their payoff. I would recommend reaching out to some other AN dealer

Clutch posted this in another thread. Probably what you’re running into.

2 Likes

Thank you! Great point, my BMW is actually in that 6-month turn-in range (January 2023)

Edit: Dealership rep infact just emailed me a screenshot showing Dynamic Price – Mystery solved - definitely bummed but nothing too big (I can just wait until turn-in)

1 Like

Curious to see how close to MMR BMW is setting the dynamic price at. Could you post more about your 2020 X1. Trim, miles, AWD etc?

2020 BMW X1 sDrive28i FWD Sapphire Black w/ Convenience Package, Sports Seats, and Parking Assist

I hope that helps!

How many miles?

Yup I knew I forgot something – 15,300

1 Like

So your dynamic payoff is $30k with the buyout fee? Seems a bit higher than MMR but it certainly benefits bmw FS. It would be interesting to see how much the dynamic price falls as you get closer to the January lease end.

Has anyone from New England area sold to the autonation in White Plains, NY?

Have an offer for my GC4XE but not sure if it’s worth the 3+ hour drive.

1 Like

i sold to them back in Feb. and just walked in with certificate and was able to get the certificate honored but chatting with them last week on another vehicle, they denied to accept the offer citing that its ultimately the stores choice to honor the certificate so Id suggest emailing them to confirm that they’ll honor the offer.