Sold one to AUTONATION!

They have it now marked down to 84,xxx. Why wouldn’t they just send to auction

1 Like

Probably the area
Mine didn’t last at 100k

So who’s the stupid one, corporate or the dealer cuz this would definitely fetch 86-87 at Manheim

Both of them are smh

1 Like

Autonation dealers don’t like to send it to auction. They like to sit on them :chicken: :egg: they must be making some nice dinero from finance and trades as well.

Got tired of waiting for Driveway to send me paperwork and wanted my 21Sahara 4xe out of my garage so I sold it to Autonation for 54k. Driveway offered $500 more but I was at 3 weeks and they said I was still 7-10 business days away from paperwork arriving.

Everything was great with Autonation, in and out in less than an hour with an equity check for around 11k.

2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xe Sahara
MSRP $59235
9080 miles

4 Likes

Autonation was very aggressive on my Highlander XLE Hybrid. They actually came in a few hundred above Carstub but I had already signed.

Took my TRX to them and they lowballed at MSRP.

That’s insane. Congrats. What region you’re out of?

Phoenix AZ. Their first offer was around 49,000 but once I got ahold of the GSM we worked to get the price close to my Driveway offer.

1 Like

But then you have to pay transport cost, auction fees, and you don’t make any money on finance. Plus…they also charge a dealer fee which can be as high as $700-800 so it makes more sense to try and sell it on the lot even if it’s $2-3k lower than they’d get at auction.

Just checked, they lowered it to 85,760 that’s $260 more than they bought it for lmao

dont forget they got to pay recon on it too

1 Like

They’re wasting time and money, the market on these is basically Florida and Florida only

1 Like

Has anyone sold to AN without plates? The SM doesn’t get in until 1 today so I can’t ask, and I was going to leave at 12. Don’t want to hike 2.5 hours just to turn right around

Don’t think you can sell to them without registration since registration is needed for the title. I would not take that 2.5 hr drive unless you can confirm with them.

2 Likes

It is now listed with a bmw store in MD for 91.5k go figure.

2 Likes

Absolutely awful experience with Autonation.

Received 61k offer on a 62.5k 4xe

I called and asked 3 times, as well as asked via email, if they can purchase the vehicle without plates. The sales manager told me all i needed was my temp registration. I sent him a pic, he said it’s perfect and we’re all set. I grabbed my brother in law and we drove 2 cars 2.5 hours to the dealership.

After waiting for an hour, they tell me they can’t buy it without the actual registration. I offered to sign the paperwork and leave the jeep there and they can mail me a check whenever they get the title, they refused. Super unprofessional and very inconvenient to either guess or lie when the SM knew I was taking a hike to come out there.

Had the nerve to tell me to bring it back when it has plates, as if I’d make that drive again after what just happened.

I asked AN corporate to reimburse me for the extra gas and tolls I had to pay for the 4xe’s unanticipated drive home. We’ll see how that goes

4 Likes

This literally just happened to me today. I wish I had read this before I drove up there

1 Like

I’ve been waiting for a week for the GM to respond to me. He made an offer and nothing.
Edit. I do have registration

Sold my 2019 QX60 lease to AutoNation. Not only was Autonation’s online quote the highest amongst those received, they agreed to an additional $1000 over the online quote post inspection. Took about 4 hours of waiting at the dealership for them to get someone over the phone to confirm the payoff numbers. Eventually walking out with a check for $5k made the wait worthwhile!

2 Likes