Sold one to AUTONATION!

Autonation is telling me the extra $200 above my Chrysler Capital payoff statement is due to per diem. Doesn’t sound right since my Chrysler Capital payoff statements have had the same amount when I request them in consecutive days, meaning Chrysler Capital did not add per diem to my payoff statements.

Yes same thing happened to me at carmax and it was the same amount. I still sold since they had by far the best offer

Local dealer politely declined to make an offer, as they are only adding AWD vehicles to their inventory (December / Ohio, not sure I can blame them).

At least they didn’t insult me with a ridiculous offer.

(Rhetorical question) Now, do I try to act on the AutoNation offer? I’d obviously call first and feel them out, but I’m not sure I can comfortably squeeze in a 200-mile roundtrip before I leave town again this weekend.

:thinking:

So Autonation and only BMW dealers can buyout BMWFS leases now?

Sold 2021 Chrysler Pacifica to Autonation for $50,050.

Vroom was $51,100 but cancelled on me and dropped latest offer to $43,100.
Rodo $50,000.
Vroom $50,000 but doesn’t buy leases.
Carmax $49,000 and I had to take in for manual appraisal.

1 Like

AutoNation owns multiple BMW dealers.

I don’t know why this wouldn’t also work with other dealership conglomerates that have BMW franchises under their ownership umbrella, but AutoNation is the one that pops up here most often.

1 Like

Awesome, thanks! Just reached out to one near me. Let’s see what they say. Hopefully I’m not SOL!

1 Like

Sold my 2020 Bolt last night. They had the highest offer. Transaction was smooth and done in an hour.

what did they offer? was it a lease/purchase? mileage?

AutoNation offered $23K. 4200 miles. LT DCFC and no other options. Purchased it from Trish 01/2020. They already posted it on their site for $26992. It was in a fender bender a couple months ago. Doubt I can do better at this moment considering the accident.

Carvana $14563
Vroom $18663
ALGO $22500
MyCarAuction $21200
Shift $21000

1 Like

Do you have a written offer from the 200 mile away AN dealer?

Yes.

It’s a PDF with a summary of the car details, a disclaimer, and at the bottom there’s a fake check payable to me.

Disclaimer:

We reserve the right to modify or cancel this offer if the condition of the vehicle does not meet the description of the vehicle provided.

Offer void if the vehicle odometer mileage exceeds the described mileage by 500 or more miles.

The AutoNation Certified Offer must be redeemed on or before the expiration date listed on the Certificate but in no event later than 7 days after the certificate was issued.

The vehicle must be delivered with a valid registration and title in your name (all individuals listed on title must be present).

Check amount paid to you will be net of all outstanding liens or payoffs due on the vehicle.

You are responsible for any loan balances in excess of the Appraisal Offer amount.

Vehicle must be delivered to an AutoNation Inc. retail location.

Checks provided by AutoNation for payment for your vehicle will have anti-fraud protection that may delay cashing the check by several business hours.

I would have a detailed phone conversation before driving there as you mentioned. I think it’s worth the risk.

Send some positive energy to the universe that they will honor the quote but also be ready mentally for the drive back. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I tried to follow all your posts, but could have missed some details.

Have you tried contacting other AN dealers that are closer? I believe other AN dealers will be able to see the same offered amount in their system and should (?) offer the same saving you a long drive.

Thank you for the suggestion.

It looks like they matched me to the closest store (for reference, I’m in Columbus). The quote is from AutoNation Ford Amherst.

All four of the pins on the map are Ford dealers, offered for no other reason than a point of general interest.

It looks like I’m not going to be able to squeeze in a trip before I leave town this weekend no matter what they say on the phone, but I may get a fresh quote after I get back to town in January.

Since my car is a RWD BMW, I considered looking for an AutoNation BMW dealer that’s in a market that’s far enough south from me where winters won’t be as much of an issue (I got it in Virginia) and the car will be more marketable.

Unfortunately,

I wrote this in another thread, but my experience with AutoNation was not so great. They sent countless emails (I replied I would respond when available and did). However, when I asked if they could match higher offers (or come close), they went silent (their bid was the lowest, and I felt it could not hurt to ask). Knowing email can sometimes be lost to spam, trash, etc., I sent a test email to see if there was a problem (they replied). But after asking what I wanted for the vehicle, I again heard nothing until I requested they remove me from their flood of emails that continued to come. They mysteriously received that email without issue and replied promptly (which I appreciated). I also found their correspondence to lack professionalism, which I can overlook. My take is that the dealership was not a good one, but the site gave it as the only choice in my area. I have now decided to keep the car for the time being but had it worked out with them; I was ready to sell that day (my car had just 1,400 miles).

In the end, I am grateful they did not offer more because the drive to the specific dealership was further than I wanted to go. If the store had shown less interest once I got there, I would have wasted my time and money (gas prices in California are currently ridiculous). The ability to get a check without buying out my lease was attractive, but not 3-4 thousand dollars less to pay for that “convenience.” I wonder what they would offer now.

1 Like

** Stay Away **

They in fact offered the highest dollars (nearly 2.5K more than Carvana) and the dealership is 100 miles away from me. I talked to them a few times asking if the offer is solid and how much owe on the lease and where is it leased from etc.

I drove to their dealership after confirming and taking an appointment only to find that the salesperson is not there. The other salesperson who said can help in 10 minutes comes back and says he can’t buy Chrysler’s lease. They made me drive all the way wasting 200+ miles of driving just to say they can’t buy my lease. We did not get to the price, I strongly doubt that they would have paid what they offered online.

I will avoid Autonation going forward.

What? That’s insane. I sold a Chrysler Capital lease to an AutoNation dealer last night. Price was same as their emailed quote, no issues at all. Sounds like your dealer was either lazy or lying. Did you ask them to call their corporate headquarters?

This is the thing people need to keep in mind with autonation. When you put your info in, they just direct you to the nearest autonation dealer. Autonation corporate does the price evaluation, but all the legwork is done by whichever dealer they’ll connect you with. Some are better than others.

3 Likes

@rsa815 The website connected me with an AutoNation Hyundai dealer. That was the only option given to me. He said only a Jeep dealer can buy out that lease. But again, I don’t know why they would drag me out to their dealership to tell me that. I wasted a few hours and 200+ miles of driving.