Sold one to AUTONATION!

Sold my 2019 QX60 lease to AutoNation. Not only was Autonation’s online quote the highest amongst those received, they agreed to an additional $1000 over the online quote post inspection. Took about 4 hours of waiting at the dealership for them to get someone over the phone to confirm the payoff numbers. Eventually walking out with a check for $5k made the wait worthwhile!

2 Likes

Sold a 2020 Audi Q8 to AutoNation. $16.8k in equity.
Their offer was $4k more than the next highest.

For those with Audis- try AutoNation as they own some Audi dealerships and can work through them. I went to autonation Ford, but the corporation is an umbrella for all their dealerships.

4 Likes

Wow that’s incredible equity! Congrats

Was their payoff number same as your personal number , or includes some fees?

Payoff was the same

That is good. Wondering if this thread is not necessarily true. (Audi Buyout Change effective 3/1/2022)

It is true. Autonation has a workaround where they own audi dealerships and can process payoffs as if it’s through an audi dealer

1 Like

That thread says even Audi dealerships are subject to those various fees

It is true, but Audi/VW does not charge it on the actual payoff, they bill it to the dealer parts statement monthly. I believe VW is a flat amount of $500, but Audi has segments that range from $400-$800. I would be surprised if an AutoNation store made the mistake, but it is possible and has happened that a dealer uses the payoff quote and doesn’t account for the Segment fee since its billed separately on an entirely different statement (I believe this is moreso a legal loophole for Audi/VW to charge this extra fee for dealer buyouts). There are others in our same thread who sold to other dealers than through us and have experienced the same Segment fees.

-Matt

Is this the case with temp “paper” plates also or just no plates at all?

Do you know if this varies from state to state or do they all operate under the same rules?

Thanks!

They won’t buy with temp plates
Has to be fully registered and funded

1 Like

Autonation prices are competitive, but their competency and service are pretty terrible. Have dealt with four autonation dealers and all varying degrees of terrible. Poor staff training so they usually end up wasting hours. Not even exaggerating.

just got a very competitive quote online from AutoNation. Does anyone have any bait and switch experiences in person with the online quote? i’ve disclosed all damage in the appraisal online. thank you!

How far is the dealer and do you have metal plates on your car?

30 min, yes i do

Usually the online quote comes from some central office… Autonation will then redirect you to a local dealer where experiences can vary. If you have damage on your vehicle it’s very hard for the automated process to properly deduct value, so I would expect some variation once the local inspection is completed, but this can go in either direction. Some Autonation offers are above wholesale and others are thousands below, doesn’t seem to be much rhyme or reason, other then if your local dealer really wants the car or not.

3 Likes

great intel, thanks!

Florida Infiniti they quoted on website, we called to set up appt., we’re told they can’t buy Infinitis in Florida

If it’s 30 mins I would go. It’s worth to try but don’t last two days of the month. Must be crazy in the store now.

ha! good call. haven’t car shopped in awhile and forgot about the end of the month