Sold one to AutoBuy, AKA wepaythemax dot com

Hi everyone,

Here is my story that’s possible only in a post-coronna world.
I bought a 2020 VW Tiguan with 1200miles on it back in August 2020, after 3 month of hunting, found a loaner 31k msrp that i stole at 24500$ all in included taxe and plate, the sweet part is that it was a FL dealership!!

Wife wanted that model, with panoramic sunroof, loved the cooler and the availability to have 7 seat in a small SUV.

At the end of 2021 when 4xe started to be a hype, i couldn’t convince her to jump on one, and missed the first boat, finally at end of March placed my order with Clutch.

Long story short with the fed help i took delivery of it, but the price jumped by 100$. Oh well.

Now it was the time to start the hunt to sell her Tiguan that has 15400miles, reach out to numbers of online dealers, including Clutch and LC no one offered more than 25k for it.

Driveway came back at 27300, and i started the process with them, only to get an email after 3 weeks that they’re sorry but lowering the offer to 25500.

Went to do a physical appraisal at Carmax that came back 26k. And start to went to any dealership to start to beat that offer. Yes everyone promises me, but they have to 'look on it", and sure enough at the dealership they came back and offer from 21k (yes!) to 24k…

Finally found out about Autobuy, send them all the pictures, and a copy of CarMax offer they came back at 26500, started to negotiations and after 20min over text message the guy agreed to 27k.

Sure next day, came and drop the vehicle and got a check for 27k just after 10min, i was amazing.

So technically got paid 2500$ to drive a vehicle and put on it 14900miles. Thanks G

And again thanks for this community that help me and teach me so much about leasing, as my 2 vehicle that i have now, is thanks to you guys !!

8 Likes

Congrats! Is this the website for the company that bought your car?

https://www.wepaythemax.com/

1 Like

Yes, i spoke to the guy, and basically they buy and resell straight to network of dealers, and if after 7 days they weren’t able, they will auction it straight.

They model is volume. Very easy to deal with from a point vue of a seller highly recommend. But don’t forget to know yours number and then it will be very easy to negotiate

This. They beat every other offer I had. They were prepared to do so on my wife’s Sahara, but she got ants in her pants, sold for a still solid number. Vehicle was dropped off at a local Manheim on Tuesday; check will be here today. When her purple Jeep finally comes in, going straight to them for her Volvo. Then I’ll shop the usual local and online dealers and bring it back to them to beat.

For quick action, I’d recommend submitting via their website and immediately reaching out to Lenny +1 770-820-8077.

Last week I was in touch with AutoBuy, and they could not beat my CarMax offer. They were $3k short than the CarMax offer. Even though alot of used car dealers do claim that they beat CarMax Offer. I think it is totally subjective and depends on their desire.

Mind sharing what vehicle it was ?

It was 2022 Lexus NX250