Sold One to ALGo

lol no husband denied that ever…

BTW - do you own the car outright? or is it leased? or Financed?

Owned Bought it cash a few years ago
But moved twice and can’t find the title
Here in Florida we have E records, so they were able to complete the deal with out the paper copy

Just seemed odd that I have to send a signed legal letter to them…then they sign…then the driver picks up. Once they sign…technically it’s theirs without payment

It’s only 5,000$ but well heck…it’s 5,000$

ohh…yeah i understand your concern, i was financing a car so wasnt worried about it, as they wouldnt get the title unless they paid.

Just to confirm is ALGo still buying/paying off leased vehicles? Looking for recent answer this month. Thanks!

ALGo really screwed me I believe. I had a signed deal with them yesterday- both myself and ALGo signed the papers confirming a 31k price for the 2020 Hyundai Kona EV Limited. Basically today, they call me up saying they can’t do the deal cause hyundai motor finance wont provide them with the dealer price or something. Does anyone know anything about this?

As far as I hear , Hyundai stopped 3rd party buy outs . So this might be true .
https://forum.leasehackr.com/t/list-of-lenders-that-charge-third-party-buyers-a-higher-payoff/

Good for you man! You made out well right at the height of market. Just got off the phone with Algo. The highest they’ll go on my 19 Tundra w/22k is 42500. Crazy what a difference 2 months makes. I have no leverage anymore as Carvana offer is 35k and Vroom is 37k. My buy out is 39k. Bummed, at least I’m making some profit.

It definitely peaked and is receding. $5k or so profit isn’t terrible assuming your buyout is around where mine was.

Its not ALGOs fault I had the same issue with Benz Finance I had to call and give verbal permission for ALGO to call the banks don’t want to lose the car lol

After a painstaking 2 month process of buying truck from US Bank and transferring title I finally sold my 19 Tundra Crewmax Off-road to Algo.

Payoff - 39354
Algo - 42500

It’s sucks that it took so long because I stood to get 47k in June but still made out. Carvana current offer was around 35k and vroom was 37k.

Sold a qx50 to ALgo last week. Definitely nerve wracking shipping power of attorney and title with no check but thank everyone here for confirming its all good.

offered a good price for a 42k mile 2017qx50 which needed new tires had some damage on hood from tree branch, its also the older model car so was happy to take it.

Smooth and easy experience also gave me 2 weeks to hold on to the car while my new car for confirmed.

Sold a 4xe to ALgo. Went smoothly, they had a competitive offer and were very responsive as far as communications. Would do business with them again!

1 Like

Sold my 2020 Kia Forte Gt line 24/36 months lease to algo. Got the offer last week 11/4 and picked up yest nite and got check 6500. Smooth process.

carmax 23200
vroom 21830
Algo 21400

had front bumper cracked and 5" dent w paint chip.
Carmax is 2 hrs away from me

just signed papers on my 4xe. ALgo was highest by $1k.
MSRP 55,410 in July. Had it for 5 mos.
ALgo offer 54k
Payoff $44,328

They are supposed to call to schedule pickup.

1 Like

Just spoke to ALGo who rescinded the offer they made me on my Hyundai Ioniq lease. They said they are no longer buying out HMF leases because even when they do get the buyout from HMF (half the time they’re told no 3rd party buyouts) HMF is not cashing the checks leaving them without the title and the seller still on the hook for lease payments.

Went online to get quotes on the AlGo website…

I have a 2022 Cadillac XT6 -

Online offer was $44,200 which is considerably lower than CarMax ($50k)

So I changed it to a 2021 Cadillac XT6 and the offer actually went up to $46,700.

Anyone have similar results?

Just went in and plugged in numbers again…

2021 XT6 = $48,300

2022 XT6 = $44,800

Both times I put in 7,000 miles.

I know this is a “Sold One” thread, but does anyone have an experience buying from them? Their offer on my Pathfinder is a little lower than Carmax, but their prices are also lower. Wondering if their conditions are represented accurately on the website. I know there’s a risk on any used car, but some dealers are much more shady and scummy than others.

Nice deal there!

Quick question - how does this work timing wise. Do I need to wait for Chrysler to send Algo a title or is this an instant process where if Algo picks up I get a check right away?

They handed me a check when they picked it up.

1 Like