Sold One to ALGo

Weird. Not the interactions I’ve had with them. They would text me and say “can I call?” or something like that, so I’d know to pick up the phone.

Yeah, they wouldn’t email me an offer until I verbally agreed to it. Then they sent me a document to sign and lock it in

I had this same problem with only 1 rep at ALgo. I help my family members all the time and have gotten dozens of quotes from them, and they always send it over email or text when I ask. This guy told me the same thing: “company policy is verbal offers only.” I told him thanks for his time & blocked the #.

1 Like

Sold our 2021 UX200 base to Algo few weeks ago. It was leased through LFS. MSRP $34,4xx.

payoff: $26,300
Initial offer: $33,500
Post call: $33,300-$95 fee.

Cleared $6900.

Whole process took 3 business days. Random Friday had the phone call with algo rep and following Tuesday car was picked up and check handed to us by flatbed driver.

Harder to shop a number with other car buyers if it is not in writing.

In writing or not - I can still shop around.

Sold my 2019 Outback 3.6L Limited that I leased to ALGO this weekend. 25,400 Miles on it.

I reached out to Driveway, Carmax, Vroom, Carvana, local dealers, ALGO, and idk who else.

Payofff $25,156 lease ends May 15th. Dealer payoff amount is less tax, about $23,600.

Vroom $30,880 (Do not buy leases, would need to buyout first and sell to them with title in hand).
Carvana $26,138 lmao
Driveway Would only give me “estimates” of $31,000, spam text, called and email me. No actual offer. DISLIKE. DISLIKE. DISLIKE.
Carmax $29,700
Local dealers: $26,000-$28,000
ALGO/Autolenders: $29,000 initial offer.

I decided to chat with ALGO/Autolenders because they are nearby, two dealers locally, and they were very pleasant to deal with. Wonderful on the phone, didn’t give me any bullshit. Super simple and to the point. Here’s my payoff, here’s my dealer payoff, here’s my leasing company, here’s pictures of front, back, sides, and of odometer. They offered me $29,000 pretty quickly and I countered saying hey, I’ve got several other online dealers who will pay me $30k-$31k but I’d rather the convenience of dropping it off locally than waiting for a pickup or driving 53 minutes to carmax. I stated I’d drop it off today or tomorrow (friday/saturday) if they could meet me at $30k and save me the trip. They called back within 5 minutes and agreed to it. Sent me some docs to sign and what to upload.

Signed pre-agreement online docusign, uploaded Reg/Insurance/DL/Exterior Pics and answered some questions. They were fine with me dropping it off at their Autolenders dealer 12 minutes away and they’d have the check in hand. I got the car washed in the morning, cleaned interior myself, brought it to Autolenders and was in and out within 10 minutes. The check was ready when I got there and I signed it while they took the plates off. They didn’t even inspect the vehicle inside or out. Literally 10 minutes.

ALGO - $30,000.
Minus dealer payoff $23k and change. Walked out with check for $6,335.

I will do this 100% of the time with any vehicle I lease, what an easy process. DO THIS. I should collect a fee I am a walking ad for them right now.

1 Like

Sold my 18’ Mercedes C300 to ALGO, they offered $28,300, much more than anyone else. The whole process was amazing, signed all the documents online, only needed to mail them the power of attorney. Two days later, the tow truck driver came to pick it up from my workplace with a $28,205 check in hand (they charge a $95 fee). To my surprise nobody inspected the car

I’m moving this from another area, hope I’m getting it into the right place (new to the forum).

So I’m in the process of selling my 2013 Cadillac CTS. I’ve got quotes from Vroom, Carmax, Carvana, and AutoLenders Go (Algo). AutoLenders Go beat them all by quite a bit. Their offer is on the low side of what I’d accept on a private party sale, but it’s acceptable (and worth it for the simplicity).

From everything I’ve read, most of the complaints about Algo have to do with a bait-and-switch on their online offer, which isn’t my situation (I’m happy with their offer). People who’ve sold to them seem satisfied.

Their sale process does give me some apprehension, which is why I’m posting. Sending my title (I won the car outright) with a signed power-of-attorney form seems risky. Also, they told me their check would be drawn from PNC Bank, and they send it to the company that will pick up the car, which then has 48 hours to arrange pick-up. The check will be dated from when they send it to the transport company, so by the time the car is picked up the check will have cleared.

Any thoughts on their process, potential troubles or scams?

Thanks in advance for any insight.

I think it is a positive change

The offer from Algo is only $300 less than unbeatable Driveway :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Driveway doesn’t buy Hyundai lease. I just tried and got denied

How many miles does Algo allow after car is sold and before pickup? What is the maximum duration you can defer pickup?

Algo won’t buy a Hyundai Lease. Driveway does but depends on the state.
Algo isn’t a New Car Dealership, they are a used car dealership

They say around 250~~

What would be options to cancel the sale agreement before car is picked up?

Why are you asking us? Call them.

You’ve probably signed a binding agreement so good luck.

They said they would for me but i need to do a 3 way call with them and hyundai. Think well run into issues?

Thats normal, gotta CYA

1 Like

Anyone back out of a sale to Algo after signing the initial E-sign documents? I want to back out now and go with Carvana. I haven’t been contacted by the 3rd party shipping company to arange pick up yet and it just seems it would be easier to car with carvana for basically same money.

Why are you asking us? Call them.