Sold One to ALGo

I wish you have it for Hyundai as well.

Update, payoff just posted. All in all was a pretty smooth and profitable experience, just payoff took some time to fully process. 8/31 car pickup, payoff and lease account closed 9/16.

I had a very easy sale with ALGo.

Original instant offer was low… $33,700.

After FT, we agreed on $35,700. They also agreed the algorithm was way too low.

I probably could’ve pushed for more but I put money in my pocket.

2018 Dodge Charger Daytona 392 with 23K miles. Original MSRP 52k.

Btw, if anyone lives near one of their dealerships, you do have the option to drop your car off there. They told me this over the phone.

To close out my experience. Car was picked up 9/9/20. Payoff UPS’ed 9/15, delivered 9/16. Volvo Cars Financial Services marked my loan paid off today, 9/17.

Great, seamless experience.

1 Like

Update 3: ALgo sent a truck to pick it up on Fri 9/18. Driver loaded the truck, handed me a check for $3,200. So far so good, will await the account with CCAP to close.

The new 2020 was delivered an hour later!

3 Likes

Selling my 2019 Accord Sport 2.0T 9500 miles. 13 months into the lease.

I have custom plates that I want to hold on.
Can someone who knows, explain how you hold on to your custom plates? and what about insurance (when to cancel the car’s insurance)?

Goal: hold on to custom plate and put it on new car I pick up sometimes shortly in future.

In NY if you want to keep the plates you have to keep the insurance too.

that sounds stupidly expensive to keep the plates. Can I turn the plates in and then get them back when I pick up a new car to put on it.

Yes it make sense if You are not planning to get new car for a while.

You can put it in Storage @ the NY DMV without needing insurance. Minimal fees.

1 Like

Thanks.

So let’s say I get a car December 10th. How will I use my old custom plates at dmv towards a new car.

Also what happens to registration? I understand that I should rip that out and remove plates before driver takes away the vehicle.

Not Sure. I’ve done it with A Thru Z DMV Runners in Brooklyn.

This is great to know. I have a 2019 2.0 Sport as well with 7600 miles. They offered 27,400 but I haven’t done anything with their offer yet.

My initial offer was 27300 and after virtual inspection it was 26,500 and they didn’t go up at all from there.

1 Like

Thanks for the info. Apparently Honda also has a fee of $370 if u sell it to a 3rd party dealer like ALGO, Vroom, Carvana, etc. What a scam.

350 fee and taxes on disposition which will all add up to 375 under. Algo charges 75 fee for virtual inspection in case you go ahead with the deal with them.

1 Like

Update 1: Odyssey picked up today, one week after signing paperwork. They left me a check for the payoff difference. Overall so far, 10/10. Vroom who I had sold two cars to previously, I would give 7/10.
Let’s see how long it takes them to pay off HFS.

I’ve got an ALGo inspection lined up for tomorrow. Their offer is $1400 more than payoff on a 19 Camry SE. Carvana and Vroom were $500 and $1000 lower than payoff.

I’ve never done a virtual inspection before, so is there anything I need to know in advance? Car has been detailed inside & out.

My appraisal person was mostly concerned with any physical damage to the exterior.

1. show the VIN of the car
  2. show the registration I think
  3. opened the hood
  4. 360 walk around of interior
  5. opened trunk
  6. 360 view walking around the exterior of the car.

Extra: asked why I was looking to sell and if I had an expected offer on mind.

• I answered I have quotes from other 3rd party and local dealers and looking for the AlGo offer and looking to sell ASAP.

took like 4 minutes. Got a call 25 later with the offer.

1 Like