Sold my lease to a dealership. Should I be worried?

Police probably won’t be able to help you. I would say take your truck back but you signed PoA and they have both keys. I’m hoping they’ll be honest about it. Please be sure to keep us updated.

Classic @Bumboola someone give me the solved solution

Stealing Red Dead Redemption GIF by Mashed

1 Like

Man I should have kept the second key lol they never asked for it but I voluntarily gave it away.
I really don’t think a major dealership would do such a thing (4.5stars on google :sweat_smile:) but anything’s possible.
I understand police won’t help much but I’ll make a scene for sure

I’m sure it’ll all be fine, just get whatever documentation you can about it. Sometimes it can actually become a problem as a result of a truly honest mistake.

Well if you called the cops, you’d call me out here in Vegas & I’d have to tell you it’s a civil matter🤣

FWIW I’ve worked on a professional level and as a customer with Findlay and I’ve always found them to be trustworthy. I wouldn’t worry, just call Monday and just ask for something in writing to help you sleep better. :call_me_hand:t3:

1 Like

Hello neighbor!
Me calling cops was just a metaphor :sweat_smile: I know I have no edge once I signed the docs.
It was just my way of saying I’ll make sure it’s handled or give em trouble.

My original concern wasn’t them taking the vehicle away for free (grounding vs payoff)
but now I know it’s a possibility.
I’m more concerned about them tacking additional fees for a few hundred ~ 1k reducing my payout.

But I’ll definitely visit back on Monday and give y’all an update!
I’m usually not the type to blindly sign anything but this was a special circumstance sine I have no idea how the procedure works

1 Like

Oh I know it was haha! You’d be surprised at the amount of people who call about “the dealership stole my money”, when they realize they got a bad deal😂

I’ve got some contacts there if you have issues tomorrow; I’d be happy to assist.

3 Likes

UPDATE: I went to the dealership and talked to the used car manager.
He seemed very busy and talked really fast but assured that my car will be processed properly
and asked my address in order to send a check.
I asked if I could get any documentation for proof then he said he can’t since he doesn’t know the exact amount and could be a few dollars off.

I’ll get a check in about 4 weeks so I’ll update here again. But talking to the manager was definitely more assuring then the sly sales rep :joy:

1 Like

UPDATE: I got my check today from the dealership and everything is good!

Thanks to everyone who contributed

7 Likes

Time to change your username :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.