[SOLD] BMW 320i 189/mo $0DAS .49 of 1% rule

I haven’t even posted the Sales Menu/Quote… so I don’t even know what you’re trying to calculate. We also waived the Acq fee for a .0005 MF markup which lowered the monthly by ~17/mo. Trust me, I had this thing primed and ready to go, but my father is a blistering idiot for not letting my sister take this deal.

Can you post the deal or the exact calculation? Super curious. What I was calculating is that the cost of the miles alone at $0.23/mile (BMW’s cost per mile) doesn’t line up. Even their up front high mile adjustment cost is $0.20/mile. This lease would give you an effective mileage rate of $0.11/mile assuming the entire $189/month went to miles and ignored taxes and other costs. Maybe @BMW_Dave knows more about the mile costs, I’m curious.

See. Told you that option was better. :+1:

1 Like

Absolutely! Thank you for mentioning that!

@Johno what was the selling price and rebates?

1 Like

MSRP: 38,225
Sale: 29,050
Then subtract 3k lease credit+1k loyalty
Add 80 doc fee and 45 for dmv registration transfer. About 316 for Tax on the rebates and we get an adjusted cap cost of 25,491.

RV: 63.18
MF: .00232 (Waived the acq fee for a .0005 mark up which improved the deal by like ~17/mo)

3 Likes

Why did @Ursus close this post at one point?

Because it says [SOLD] in the title. But I see you want to talk about it forever.

1 Like

It’s good to know how this was achieved and how the numbers break down.

Being able to replicate it or get close is much more important than the fact that one VIN was sold.

2 Likes

Then remove SOLD from the title while re-opening the thread. It is stated in the OP that the car was sold. We close SOLD threads all the time.

For ads? Sure, close them when they’re sold.

This is not an ad.

I agree with @max_g that this thread should remain open and it could become a benchmark for 3 series loaner deals, at least in CA.

The key over here is getting 24% of MSRP before incentives.

If someone has military, college grad rebate etc. this could be in unicorn territory if it is not already in it.

@Johno The fact that you negotiated not one but two of such deals shows that there might be some backend support to move these but that is just a guess and I am not sure about that info. Anyways great deal man.

2 Likes

Yes, this is what I’ve been sharing with everyone that has been messaging me and asking “How Sway!?”. Target discount is 20-24% dealer discount.

As for backend support. Last year I managed ~23.5% off before incentives on my personal 2017 330i loaner that was my first lease ever. I was shared information that dealers essentially get $2k on the backend just for leasing out a loaner. If this is true I have no clue, everytime I mention it to a finance/sales manager they suspiciously say they don’t know what they’re talking about and have never heard such thing. I would expect a manager to inquire and probe an accusation like that and shut it down with some factual evidence rather than essentially calling it blasphemy, but then again its in my nature to be a skeptic and investigative so maybe it truly was a rumor/myth.

Regardless, on 3 occasions now, albeit on loaners during year-end, I’ve successfully achieved 23-24% Also, I have lease contracts and/or formal quotes/sales menus/text messages confirming all of my posts. I haven’t asked the dealers if they care if I post it to the internet, however.

2 Likes

insane. post breakdown of lease and some pics if you can