SOLD - 2019 BMW X3 M40i xDrive $693.65 (After Incentive), 23 months, 37000 miles left (~1575 miles/mo), +MSD

, , , , , ,

2019 BMW X3 M40i xDrive

MSRP: $67,970
Monthly payment: $748 (Before Incentive) / $693.65 (After Incentive)

Current mileage: 8,000 (Updated Miles from Picture. Has been Daily Driver)
Maturity mileage: 45,005
Miles Remaining: 37,000
Lease Terms: 36mo/15K
Effective miles per month: ~1575 (Essentially a 2 year/18K Mile Lease)
Maturity date: 6/27/2022

MSD due To Me (if any): $4,000
MSD You will get Back From BMWFS (if any): $5,250
Cash due (if any): $0
Incentive for new lessee (if any): $1250

Financial institution: BMW Financial Services
Transfer fee: $500
Out-of-state transfer allowed (yes/no): Yes

Vehicle condition, options, and other details:
Fully Loaded. Garage Kept. Non-Smoker. Pristine condition. Car has been Dealer Maintained. Taken to Dealer for Backup Camera Recall Service and Park Assist Camera Issue. All Fully resolved under car warranty and fully functional. No Accidents.

• Carbon Black
  • Black Vernasca Leather w/ White Contrast Stitching
  • Executive Package
  • Premium Package (w/ Rear Heated Seats)
  • Drive Assistance Pro Package
  • Drive Assistance Package
  • Pano Roof
  • Wireless Charger
  • Harmon Kardon Speakers
  • Front Ventilated Seats
  • Rear Side Manual Window Shades
  • Adaptive Suspension
  • 20" Wheels with All Season Tires (Car comes with the OEM summer performance Tires. No extra charge. Has about 4000 miles on it. Swapped them for the All Seasons before winter 2019. New owner can do what they please with the extra set.)
  • Ultimate Care + 1 Package (covers breaks, wipers, etc)
  • Front and back all season floor mats
  • US Mill Works Front License Plate Tow Hook

Refundable Security Deposit: $5,250 Car has MSDs. I’m looking to get $4000 of the MSD back. You will get back $5,250 from BMW at the end of the lease. That’s a $1,250 incentive, effectively reducing the monthly payment to $693.65

Photos:

2 Likes

All i can say is :flushed:

Solid deal, should move quickly. You effectively got 12% off MSRP and buy rate MF.
Ultimate care+, the extra miles, and the extra wheels are a solid bonus for anyone taking over.
GLWS

Carbon black is one of my all time favorite BMW colors

I set up a LH calc that reflects your deal, it does not account for the extra miles, wheels, and ultimate care+, so your ultimate LH score should be higher
Initially I thought the payment was high, which is why I set the calc to evaluate it. After running the numbers, this is a very strong deal for this model.

1 Like

Hey! Really appreciate it you putting together the calculator and for the vote of confidence! I took your calculator and went and tweaked it a bit with the numbers from my paperwork. Tried to get the numbers to match up as much as possible. Here is the updated calculator based on that. Hopefully i didn’t make any mistakes.

For what it’s worth, I took this same deal to more than 10 dealers I before I signed and was told I’m bluffing and this deal is fake / the dealer gave you a number just to get you into the dealership. :joy:

1 Like

Bump. Reducing the MSDs due to me to $4,000. $1250 is your to keep. Effectively reducing the payment to $693.65.

Trying to transfer before next month’s payment. Text / DM me for any questions.

did you list it on swapalease?

Yea, I listed it there as well. Trying as many avenues as I can. If you have any other suggestions, please let me know. :slightly_smiling_face:

You can try the Carvana / shift / vroom route. You’re likely still upside-down on it… but since you’re offering incentives to a lease transfer anyway, an outright sale (loss) could be palatable? May be worth looking into… GLWT!

Thanks for the suggestion! I went and checked the sites you mentioned. The sell back amount vs the payoff is a loss I can’t take right now unfortunately. Hopefully I’ll find someone to take over the lease. :crossed_fingers:t4:

How do lease transfers work from state to state. I’m in New York, so would I be responsible for additional taxes if I was to take over this lease?

I did some research on this. NY State treats the Lease transfer as a new transaction. So unfortunately, youll have to pay tax on the remaining monthly payments during registration. (Essentially paying tax on a payment thats already been taxed). :cold_sweat:

Call up a good tax atty and figure out a work around. I seem to see several lol.

paging the best atty? @AP919

Sorry, but there really aren’t any workarounds on this.

I even posted this about a year ago:

When the original lease is subsequently assumed by an assignee, this is a separate
taxable transaction. As stated above, title or possession of tangible personal
property has been transferred for a consideration. In this instance, the
consideration is the assumption of the lease payments and tax is due on the
remaining payments on this lease as indicated above.

Simply put, NY courts consider the original lease and the assumption of the remaining term separate and distinct retail sales under Tax Law § 1105 (a).

Standard disclaimer: nothing herein is to be construed as tax or legal advice.

1 Like

In NJ you can get a refund though. So you can ask the seller to remit some of it to you. This is my understanding.

For a long-term lease, for which the dealership collected and remitted Sales Tax at
the inception of the lease (based on the entire lease amount), the lessee may seek a refund
for the Sales Tax paid for the remaining portion of the lease. The lessee may seek a refund
from the dealership or from the Division of Taxation.
The lessee may request a refund from the Division of Taxation by filing a Claim for Refund
(Form A-3730). The claim and all supporting documentation must be filed within four
years of payment of the tax.

3 Likes

Completely on point. Probably one of the easiest ways to do it. OP paid roughly $2020 in taxes per the LH calc OP posted. He could just give the amount from the MSDs to the transferee and reimburse himself with the NJ tax refund.

Right, just that my point was that the transferee will have to pay tax no matter what. The refund is up to the original owner and would go to him, so if he wants to compensate the person taking over the lease in NY, that’s his choice. Otherwise, he can request a refund and run with the money!

There’s math, but there’s also psychology. You’re likely to have to get average monthly onto a 5 handle (ie: below $600) to get a quick buyer. But that’s another 2k hit. I’d feel differently if it was a short term lease (under 1 year) and you were solving a short term problem for someone.

To each their own. My view is that market dictates price. People pay $1500 per month all day for an 85k C63 AMG because that’s what the market price is for that car. For this particular car w 15k miles per year, a payment with a 5 next to it is an unreasonable expectation. Someone in the market for one of these will know this is a good deal.

A payment with a 5 next to it will obviously move quickly because he would literally be throwing the car away.

2 Likes

I’m not sure I am eligible to get a refund in the way that you mentioned. I rolled all taxes and fees into the monthly payment. The only thing I paid at delivery was 1st month payment ($748) and the MSDs ($5250).

I’m sure others can get a better number if they have more incentives (Military / Grad), but unfortunately I didn’t at the time of signing. I think that’s part of the reason why when I went to other dealers with this deal, I got the “The number you have is fake.” OR “That number doesn’t include hidden charges that the dealer is not telling you about. He just gave you a number to get you into the door”