Socal Hyundai + Kia Lease and Purchase Deals (May).LOW Ioniq 1PAY Clearance ⚡

True… but I’ve been using EA chargers for the last 2 months (can’t beat free charging) and it’s not that bad. The only con is waiting for a charger to open up now that more people are using them because many brands have free charging but the 18 minute to 80% charge time holds true even on 150kw chargers.

Compared to Tesla I think it is that bad. I tried to hit a charger off Highway 5 Saturday: one of the 350 kWs was down leaving two 150s and a 350. All three were delivering at ~30% of design charge speed (110 degrees out may have had something to do with it) and I had a Rivian waiting to charge in front of me and an Audi and Polestar taking up the 150s charging at a snail’s pace. I was down to 5% charge and waited for an hour before I could add ~10% and make it to the next set of chargers (10x 350kw in Kettleman, all working perfectly). In five years of Tesla ownership I’ve never had to wait more than 15 minutes and never had a similar experience.

Now that I know what to look for I won’t make the same mistake and I’ve hit three other charge stations with little to no issue. That said compared to Tesla, especially if you’re a new EV owner or have range anxiety I’d argue E.A. is where Tesla was maybe 7 years ago, but with a crapload of new cars all coming (most of which don’t charge nearly as fast) that are going to clog up the network. Hyundai’s America’s CEO was saying that they have the cars, but huge investments need to be made in charging infrastructure to make them more attractive to most people. I’ve only had my Ioniq 5 for four days now but in my limited experience he’s not wrong.

2 Likes

I agree with this. Coming from a Tesla the EA and other chargers are horrible, they are less reliable, fewer in number and in my experience very often too crowded. Tesla superchargers would have 8+ stalls the EA chargers have 4 and often are operating a less than full capacity.

What are you looking for to maximize your success? When i first got my non-tesla EV I went 0/5 charging…

2023 Ioniq5 SEL AWD :battery: :zap: (Enhanced)
MSRP: $52900
$2000 due at signing + $695 Broker Fee
24/10k - $355 plus tax
36/7500 - $425 plus tax
36/10k - $455 plus tax

No more loyalty?

@trusted_hackrs Can we make an off-ramp thread to discuss EV comparisons? And move our posts there? Didn’t want to muddy @Jeff_BeachCitiesAuto thread with charging conversation.

Created EV Discussion Thread here: EV Discussion Thread

the FED raised rates again, so you have two competing effects.
MF should go up a bit increasing the cost of the lease.
Rebates should increase as the number of SEL on lots keeps growing.

Personally I am trying to wrap mine before the end of the month because I am not one to speculate.

whats the terms for Ioniq5 SE AWD? will like to close before end of month

Anything for Ioniq5 limited trims or either of the Genesis EVs?

Does the SEL trim have LR? I thought only the SE trim has the extended range option for RWD

Please text or call me, you need loyalty for it to make sense

Do you do out of state? If picking up?

Also, good to mention is that KIA NIRO EV comes with 500Kwh EA credit :+1:

Here is SoCal, Electrify America charges $0.48 / kwh, so that’s about $250 credit. Although not as good as unlimited charging, Niro’s monthly payment is one of the lowest, and if you have home charger and occasionally charge outside, that’s a pretty good bonus.

Yep-you can probably squeeze in 2000+/- miles or so

What kind of fun colors does the niro ev wind have in stock?

Just red, looking like Ill be sold out by end of day

any deal for EV6 WIND RWD?

Do you offer leases to WA residents?

Any availability for the Ioniq 5 in the Limited trim?