SoCal BMW Special Offers - << #1 IN THE NATION! >> šŸšØ (04/06/2023)

2022 M4 Competition Convertible
Only 3,300 Miles
$107,000 + TTL

4 Likes

Wow- Iā€™m impressed

Obviously still needs to go through recon and detail but wanted to post it as soon as we bought it.

Update 08/18: SOLD

I have a base model i4 in stock and available. Buyer canceled due to the new inflation reduction act taking away the federal tax credit.

No markup over MSRP
Only one available
First come first serve
Ceramic tint installed ($699)
Door edge guard installed ($299)
Must contract on site
No deliveries
No exceptions

I love how lots of clients are wanting to cancel their orders now when 80% of them never wouldā€™ve qualified under the income caps to being with. :roll_eyes:

This is great news for everyone else thatā€™s actually looking for an amazing electric vehicle and not just a tax credit. :+1:t3:

4 Likes

Itā€™s like I was telling someone else the other day.

Best case, the waitlist gets shorter.
Worst case, the waitlist gets shorter.

1 Like

The problem is the car just became $7500 more expensive because it couldnā€™t be delivered as promisedā€¦. Iā€™m hoping BMW does something to compensate.

1 Like

They will when they start sitting on the lots. :sunglasses:

1 Like

I would think that 99% of the i4 buyers would fall under the income caps

Well I have 10 weeks or so before my order arrives to see if things change.

Maybe in other states but in So Cal you canā€™t afford to pay rent and eat Top Ramen on less than $150k a year, let alone buy a brand new highline electric vehicle for $50-60k. And if youā€™ve got a family with a kid or two and a mortgageā€¦

3 Likes

Hey man, I hope youā€™re right.

Iā€™ve got list of folks whoā€™ll buy an available unit that suits them tax credit or no tax credit and Iā€™m sure @BMW_Dave does too. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

This is true. But itā€™s not going to go from MSRP to 6% off overnight either. First, BMW NA will probably offer a $500 loyalty rebate. Than after a month or two, if thereā€™s no movement, dealers might offer $500-$1k off MSRP.

Tesla has never discounted a single car a single dollar. And yet the demand is still there. The BMW is built with so much higher quality. The demand will still be there even if cars do arrive unsold.

3 Likes

Tesla used to discount the hell out of their demo cars. :sweat_smile:

But yeah same, for now every single one thatā€™s coming in orphaned is going for full pop with full rate behind it still.

This isnā€™t directed at Dave or this posting specifically, but Iā€™m skeptical buyers would go for the same car at MSRP-plus without the $7,500 tax credit.

Donā€™t get the comment about clients being misguided on income caps. As of a couple weeks ago, it was expected that there would be a $7,500 credit. With the new law and various late-breaking amendments (i.e., domestic assembly requirement being effective upon enactment), that credit went to zero. So Iā€™m not seeing any misunderstanding on behalf of buyers, who are typically pretty smart. Itā€™s not like they were never getting the credit before, so now they are in the same position.

Finally, Iā€™ll object to the comment about ā€œlooking for an amazing electric vehicle and not just a tax creditā€ :slight_smile: Everyone on here is looking for a good vehicle thatā€™s even more amazing by being $7,500 cheaper. Or trying to avoid an ā€œamazing vehicleā€ thatā€™s way less amazing by the tune of $7,500.

4 Likes

Agreed. This is definitely a different marketplace than a lot of the more ā€œregularā€ consumer channels. :wink:

And having said thatā€¦Iā€™m posting another EV that is in stock and available right now.

2 Likes

Update 08/18: SOLD

I have a 2022 iX xDrive50 in stock and available.

No markup over MSRP
Only one available
First come first serve
Ceramic tint installed ($499)
Door edge guard installed ($299)
Must contract on site
No deliveries
No exceptions

1 Like

Do you have X5 45e slots this year?

Without the tax credit, regular X5 is way better than X5 45e (cost, smooth, maintenance, etc.).

Only sensafin available to order on s/x40 for the time being. If you want leather you gotta go with 45e or M50i.

Wouldnā€™t the $7500 be intact on an order for a customer? Assuming they left a deposit?