[SOCAL] Auto body repair recommendations

Without going into a lot of detail, I discovered today that I need to fork out some $ for bumper work… Nothing major but certainly something that needs to be fixed. Accepting all recommendations. Please forward any and all virtual tissues.

Where do you live in SoCal?

West side [20…]

I just had my bumper repainted at All City Auto Body and they gave a nice discount relative to other Westside places I got quotes from. The bumper turned out nice and they even helped me scrape off some residue from my rear window.

I worked with Hovik.

@dukez I highly recommend Pacific Coast Tire & Service. I shopped all around the westside for tires/minor body work and they were, by far, the best priced. Excellent reviews on yelp brought me here. I’m a tough critic, and was very satisfied with their work. https://www.yelp.com/biz/pacific-coast-tire-and-service-santa-monica

Thanks! Got super confused by their Yelp page since the contact information was incorrect (apparently All City is also a design studio). But submitted an online quote request. Appreciate it!

Thank you! Just submitted a request for an estimate.

Quick update:

Pacific Coast quoted me at $500-$600 to repair the bumper and replace a broken nozzle under it (that cleans the headlight).

Westwood Mercedes & BMW quoted me at $1,200 to replace the bumper and fix the nozzle.

As far as leases go, anyone know how picky manufacturers typically are about repairs done upon lease return? Wondering if we can get away with the repairs as opposed to replacing the whole thing without getting dinged by Hyundai.

All company handle differently when returning lease car.

As far as I research, there’s return policy that you can see company website or owners handbook or manual etc etc. I found mine Toyota financial service website easy.

There’s pre inspection start 3 months before due, we can always check what we need to check and prepare or compare price just turn in or fix already and turn in.

just do pre inspection and decide

In my experience with Infiniti, the deduction quoted upon pre-return inspection is always way less than actually fixing it out of pocket. So it never paid to repair anything. YMMV of course with other makes.

Go through the inspection before deciding so you know the actual $ being considered.

Thanks for the feedback. I’ll just settle by waiting til lease end and figure out what they want me to do in order to return it without being charged. It’s really not bad enough that I feel inclined to fix it anyway, but I’m sure it’s beyond the standard level of acceptable wear and tear.