Simon says: [.....................]

I told people that asked my advice that the stelvio and tundra were killer deals. Some listened and bought them last week, others hesitated and are missing out now. I don’t like to pressure people, that’s what dealers do. But when your getting a car under the .80% mark you need to jump on it.

Unless Alfa adds an extra $2000 of bonus cash. That 400 Alfa is in the 500/mo range today…

9 Likes

From my experience, some people chase “the best” deal for so long that it ends up biting them.

9 Likes

I tell people $25/mo is one lunch. Don’t lose the car you love and want over lunch…

You eat pretty well.

10 Likes

How much is dinner if lunch is $25?

1 Like

Maybe he means lunch for a family of 5.

Sometimes people compare to a cup of coffee at Starbucks. However, what if I don’t drink Starbucks and think Columbian coffee from Folgers is 100x better and cheaper?

1 Like

Aww. You must eat alone a lot…

2 Likes

I just pack + save myself $22/day. Not all of us are big ballin’

5 Likes

What changed? I was never really looking at Alfa, but basically, you’re saying, at this point, the deals are significantly worse for this month?

Residual went from 60 to 56 on 24/12 lease

You have numbers for the Giulia?

I didn’t even look. The dealer said they lost a few % and already were leasing bad last month. I think Alfa is out for now unless they drop prices another 3-4%

Happens all the time. Unfortunately the auto market is something where its hard to trust someone, thanks to ancient dealer tactics which are still alive today.
I had a guy leave a deal for 9 bucks on and encore thinking it will be better next month only to never being able to get it any more.

1 Like

And people on the forums want the best price the last guy got. They passed on a 400/mo stelvio bc someone got it for 380. No stelvio for you…I don’t think Alfa will ever get back into the 300s unless they will do 22% off msrp or come up with another $2500 in lease cash

Who knows what happens when 2019s hit the ground and they still have 2018s sitting at the ports. I do think its going to be dry for a little while, but I’d be shocked if it doesn’t come back around.

2 Likes

Yeah I guess it all depends on inventory. Since they sold a lot last month, there will be more on the road. Which means more presence and people wanting to get one. Same thing happened with the q50 3-4 years ago. They were giving them away to get market share then upped the price. I hope they do drop back down, I had 5 sold for this week, and now no one that knew they were once 400/mo will pay 500/mo

1 Like

Packing lunch is underrated. I saved so much money bringing lunches to school/work over the past few years. It adds up.

5 Likes

I WFH - everyday is a packing lunch day whether I like it or not…saves a bundle.

2 Likes

What’s the residual for 36/12 lease?

perhaps a new topic, what do people pack for lunch? My wife cooks almost every other day, mostly eastern european or Italian cuisine, so that’s easy. Breakfast is tougher, so I do a multigrain bars or bagels.

1 Like