Signed Vw Id4 Pro S lease

I’m not going to lie: the Bolt EUV is an impressive showing from Chevy.

Unfortunately it will probably get overlooked by the general EV-buying crowd. Volkswagen is doing a much better job promoting the ID.4.

It’s not unlike how BMW customers will likely pay an outrageous premium for the iX/i4 when they’re launched next year. Although Hyundai is likely doing the same with the Ioniq 5. There’s an early adopter premium for every new desirable car.

1 Like

You are talking about the bolt and calling Id4 goofy? :joy: You are right I should have gone for a car that is almost 30k more expensive and the max msd 450 dollar etron deals are long gone.

For that price I’m in. But who knows how long they continue to push these EV credits. As more and more makers push EV cars to the market I see that incentive going BYE BYE.

I’m willing to drive goofy, but not for $600 a month. My Bolt is the cheapest thing I’ve ever driven and not the worst by far, it’s actually a pretty fun car. I’m still seeing Bolt deals, no chance of that with ID.4’s

2 Likes

They’ll no longer be offered once they’re no longer required. As I demonstrated, it’s possible to lease a better-equipped Tesla Model Y for a similar price with no incentives.

Fortunately the current administration is bullish on electric vehicles. If anything we’ll be seeing more incentives for the foreseeable future, not less.

Good for you had 2 volts myself. I got rid of a tundra lease that had over 8000 equity. I like this car I got it. Did I say check out my awesome deal ? No. I shared and said it is not a good deal by any means, but there is no single deal posted here hence tried contributing so people know. I reached out to over 20 dealerships in and outside of cali no one is selling msrp and base mf. Even when they are they have dealer add ons that take the numbers up in the 600 range. Could I have gotten something else? Of course, but didnt feel like driving a car that you see every 10 seconds.

3 Likes

Enjoy the car! What is your range like? I’ve been averaging 190 miles on my etron. Curious what these can max out.

You got the Etron for less back in March IIRC.

I did, but now is also not March and pricing on e-trons is no where near the same (add several hundred per month)

1 Like

Of course, it’s just that these ID.4s have remained expensive for so long. This is one of the cheaper ones I have seen on here.

Seems like the push is for chargers and less on the actual cars

Wait. Generally that’s my line. Except I would have said 199 lease in December 2022.

The price OP paid reminds me of the price of another German electric, a certain i3, at launch. We all know that price kept getting lower with every passing month.

Still congrats on the (first?) ID4 lease reported here. Post pictures.

1 Like

11 Likes

They’ve only been on the market for a month or two, and during a time when everything is super expensive. Doesn’t surprise me at all.

1 Like

With the $5000 rebate and no sales tax, on top of existing incentives, these should be obtainable under $300/mo in NJ when Charge Up restarts.

1 Like

There was talk about incentives dropping and now that they see most companies pushing out millions of EV cars over the years ahead why would they continue to give out incentives? I thought the incentives were to push manufacturers quicker to the market and now that they are finally releasing EVs that they would now slow down the EV incentives.

Only if a dealer is willing to discount to under invoice, which is also possible with Volkswagen’s partner program. The $500 discounts I’ve seen won’t make this a great deal even with the Charge Up rebate.

It’s still not enough to accelerate adoption for brands except Tesla. The other manufacturers need the incentives to increase demand, and make EV’s more affordable compared to ICE alternatives.

Exactly. The lack of incentives is why GM stopped investing in EVs and decided not to make a new generation bolt.

3 Likes

Plug-in hybrids shouldn’t count towards the cap. That’s one of the flaws of the current credit. The priority should be BEV’s (fully electric). In fact, this administration is correct that the incentive should be available for at least another 400,000 electric vehicles for each brand. There aren’t nearly enough BEV’s on the road.