Signed! VW ID.4 PRO AWD w SK 36/15 - $409pm DAS $2,700 ($700 EOL protection)

It is a November deal. Posted in signed
It feels like an average deal with nothing to write home about, but I wanted to get it done in the state to take advantage of the CT state EV rebate.
Zeroed in on ID.4 because of 3 years of free EA sessions, and 1 month in so far able to charge only at EA and nothing at home. By government accounting, that’s about $100 savings which used to cost me to charge Leaf at home monthly.

CT needed an MSRP of $50k or less to get a state rebate and 24 or more months of lease and wife really likes the idea of AWD so didn’t go for S w/o AWD trim.

Used executivevolkswagenofnorthhaven.com as a starting point because their site has all the info needed to calculate the terms of the lease, including CT rebate, fees, and taxes. Essentially, it is a nicely working lease calculator.

Had back and forth with three dealerships in CT who played the ball to negotiate over phone/email (some refused).

Final numbers before going into the dealership were $409pm w $2k DAS for 36/15 term, which was better than brokers were offering on the site.

At the store, I modified DAS to add end-of-lease protection for $700 to increase DAS to $2,700 while keeping the $409 monthly payment the same. It was a conscious choice and not a weak-minded moment:) The only quirk on lease documents is that such protection is listed for $1,425. I am still figuring out if it’s bad or good for me:) I was told it may even cover tire wear and tear, but it is hard to believe, and I haven’t read docs on it yet.

Short numbers

Term 36 months and 15k miles
MSRP $49,800
Agreed upon value $45,231
Gross Cap $48,252 (lease protection is part of it)
Rebates $11,909 (CT EV $2,250; VW EV $7,500; VW ID4 PRO AWD $1,750)

Residual $24,965

Monthly $409 ($384 + $25 tax)
DAS $2,700

Here is the link to the calc I tried to get as close as possible to monthly payment and DAS calc
But LH score is different between Signed and LH calc so not sure which is more correct:)

2 Likes

The higher the sale of these products, the more the commission. So FIM doubled his commission by moving some numbers around. Probably lowered the sales price by an additional $725?

1 Like

I have no doubt he got a fat commission on selling that protection :grin:

Maybe someone can get that 10% discount with protection since it’s on paper now. Because most dealerships I talked to started around 6% discount pre-rebates and maxed out at 8%.