Signed | Volvo C40 Recharge Plus $479+tax/m | DAS $3995 | 36/10 | MSRP $58640

I am a Costco member, so got a better deal.

I thought about multiple security deposits, but it doesn’t save me a whole lot after 36 months. I’ll use the extra cash to install a charger at home. Save money charging at home vs at a public station.

The 0-60 is faster than 4.7!!! With AC and driving normally, the 220-mile range is kinda easy. Range assistant says 280 under optimal conditions/driving slow.
Maybe 240, but 280 might be downhill?

Would you do MSD?

C40 Recharge Pure ElectricTwin eAWD Plus

MSRP: $58,640
Monthly: $479+tax
Due At Signing Including taxes, fees, and any security deposit.: $3,995
Term: 36 months
Mileage: 10,000 miles/year
Purchase Price: $53,140 (9% off MSRP)
Residual Value: $31,665 (54%)
Money Factor: 0.00146 (3.5% APR)
Rebate: $7,500 (Lease EV Bonus)
Comments: Costco Member

3 Likes

Congrats!

Would you do MSD?

I think MSDs are always worth it, if you don’t mind not having access to the cash. Assuming your calculator is correct, you’d be saving ~$1500 for putting down $5000. That’s basically a 30% return over 3 years guaranteed. Once again, unlikely other investments you do lose complete access to the cash (AFAIK), so you have to be confident you won’t miss it but otherwise seems worthwhile.

3 Likes

Congrats. It’s a great car to lease and forget about at the end. I personally charge to 100% and don’t play any of the should I or shouldn’t I charge games for that reason. Let Volvo deal with the battery health and the next owner

I doubt that by the time MY2027s will be announced, a 200 mile range 3 year old used battery with the non standard plug will be worth the RV

3 Likes

So my cousin liked my C40 deal! but I showed him the thread, and he says MSDs are the way to go.

He’s dragging me with him this weekend. Maybe tomorrow. His company has the A-plan partnership rebate, mine didn’t.

However, I’ll be able to use a loyalty rebate on my next Volvo lease LOL

I’ll update you guys.

Just found out the car has this brake hold mode, with one-pedal-drive turned off. After you completely stop, depress the brakes further and it’ll say “H” in the instrument cluster. Kept the car stopped at in-n-out with my brake lights on. Thank me later!

Who are you guys buying for your home charger??? ChargePoint?

great point. if you don’t use it, you lose it. =)

Joining VCOA also makes you eligible for A Plan (next time).

Am I missing something?

This is effectively a $600+/month lease. You can lease a Mercedes EQE SUV for this price.

1 Like

Your C40 came with a 240V cable right?

Can’t speak for OP but definitely know that this is not true in all geographies (from what I’ve seen).

With that said, now that OP is going for another car, I’d mention that there are definitely better deals attainable on the C40 even.

Hello.

Great question.

That cable with the car maxes out at 40A. 40X.8 =32 = 32A continuous when charging.
The car can max out at 48A.

There are 50A and 60A wallboxes available–ChargePoint does 40-50A.

My washer/dryer is on the second floor, want a dedicated box in the garage.
ChargePoint has home wall boxes.

The difference between 32 A and 48A. doesn’t matter to most people. I think 8 hours is enough on a 32A. Some people will only charge up to 90%

Just want something faster–for the times I get home late.

Yea, some places are charging 5-10k over MSRP. I remember when everyone thought they could get the EQS for 500/month. Then we found it, it was out of state on a dealer demo, on a 2022 when the residuals were crazy :smiling_face_with_tear: haha

I know I don’t have the cheapest lease out there…and that’s okay with me. someone out there is happy paying MSRP :grin:

1 Like

I’ve never heard of it!
Is this something that could be used right away? I’m going back this weekend.

Volvo Car Club of America members are eligible for A Plan after 1 year of membership

No idea if this is a good deal, but just poped-up

https://www.costco.com/.product.100574926.html